Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

How I spent part of my second 8 hour shift at work today..

Yup.  I said a second 8 hour shift at work.  Well, if you could really call it work.  Other than a two hour shopping trip, another 50 minute shopping trip and one more trip to go, it's been a relatively easy (soon to be) 16 hour workday.  Anyway, I put some of my time to good use.  : )..  Check it out..

Love these little bottles, I used to be dumb and recycle them.  Ha!  I saw a website a while back that used them for a crafty idea (not sure which website - but I will give credit - there is someone out there that used these to make subway art with them) and so I decided it would behoove me to hold onto a few (or several as the case might be) of these lovely little items.  No.  I didn't (uh huh) drink all of those.  Umm.  Yeah.  Lol.

Anyway, here's how they started. After peeling the label and having sticky glue residue on the bottle, I wished I had bought some Goo Gone until I realized that rinsing the bottle under fairly warm water did the trick.  No more sticky glue residue.  : )..
 Yup.  They are Starbuck's Frappucino bottles.  Yummy.  Practical.  Awesome.
 A little Mod Podge magic.
 A few random tissue paper scraps.
 
 And voila, a little sea glass luminary item.  I love Nautical craft items.
One of my co-workers made this one for her daughter.  : )..  Very cute! 

 I also did this one, but now I'm kinda debating whether I like the silver scraps on it or not.  Leaning toward "Not" more than anything.  It's a learning curve though sooo, live and learn.  Lol.
 And so, even though it may be a long, long, long day, it's been a pretty productive one.  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment