Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Joplin links..

I was fortunate enough to have chosen to attend Joplin's Missouri Southern State College after high school.  This town was always a great place and I was able to go back there a couple times since then.  The tornado that ripped it apart has only made it stronger.  They still need so much help with the rebuilding so any help is appreciated.  Here are some links for anyone who is interested.

Click here for a USA Today video, the first part is a little loud so you
might want to adjust your volume a little.

Here are some links to some facebook pages:
Click here for "band-Ing Together For Joplin High School Band"
Click here for Debi Brown Downs page in support of the
students who still need musical instruments.
And finally, click here for "Help Joplin Students Play Music Again".

These last two pages includes a post where Debi received this from
a Branson supporter:  Mr & Mrs Shoji Tobuchi and their daughter Christine
shipped ‘16’ Full size violins with bows, cases and shoulder rests.
Family Pawn sent 3 Flutes, 2 Clarinets, violins along with a violin from Cindy.
Beautiful and extremely generous!

No comments:

Post a Comment