Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hackers Galore!

Grrr.  Soo.  I had someone email some fun things to me in the past that have been pretty good.  I didn't think twice about one of the last emails I received, it had a pretty tame subject line and a little blurb before the link.  Stupid me, clicked on it with my iphone.  Guess what?  Hacker.  Spammer.  Phisher.  Great.  Now?  Lol.  Not only did I have to change the password on my Yahoo account on the computer?  I had to change it on my iphone.  Lol.  Hmm.  Soo.  Imagine my surprise when I came back to my work email and found that I had spammed myself yesterday.  What?  Not only myself, mind you, but two of my QA co-workers AND my immediate supervisor.  Awesome.  Stupendous!  Right on.

I get the goofy, funny emails and can read the first couple lines without having to open an email with the way my email is set up.  I love the ones where I am getting a huge tax return if I will just fill out this "formular" and give them my credit card number so that they might be able to deposit the money.  I've been able to retire from work as well because, apparently, I have won several lottery lump sums along the way as well.  I'm just waitin for the day to collect those!  Ha!

Now?  Spammers are getting clever.  Beware.  They send subjects that don't appear phishy.  Oooh, but they are.  Those people just need to get a real job.  If they are smart enough to phish, they are smart enough to do something else.  Sheesh.  Stop messin with other people. 

I've got to get ahold of Apple and find out how to check my iphone for a hacker / keystroke dealio because I know that is the only way that they got my password on there.  I know it was the link that I opened on my iphone that did it.  And apologize to my boss.  Thankfully ADT, who also owns the company that was formerly Brinks, formerly Broadview and who will soon, within the next six months become formerly ADT, soon to be Tyco Integrated Security (yeah, ha, we are splitting our Residential and Small Business accounts, keeping them with ADT, and the Core Commercial, DOD, Special Operations, AWARE accounts, etc, will become the newly monikered company), has a pretty righteous spam filter and actually changed my subject line to ****SPAM**** for me.  Ha!  Pretty awesome if you ask me.  Now, if I can just stop all of that nonsense.  Lol.  Thankfully for me as well, my boss has an awesome sense of humor!  Yay!

(Especially when he was telling us how he was at the KC Zoo this weekend and some doofus was trying to growl like a tiger because the dude thought he could really communicate with the animals.  My boss said he wanted to get a video.  I said he should have snuck up behind the guy (who was tryin to hold his pants up by his belt because they were hanging around his knees, lol) and growled like a tiger.  Ha!  Dude probably would have dropped the belt and tripped over his pants trying to get away.  Hehehehehe!)

Alrighty.  Ready to start another wonderful Thursday.  Woot!  Hopefully spam free!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment