Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Day of Wine and Roses..

Had a hard day visiting a couple local wineries.  Whew.  Such a hard, hard, hard day.  : )..  We started at Belvoir Winery in Liberty, MO, where I had a wine tasting and pairing party last year.  It used to be called Odd Fellows, which was home to indigent, elderly people or orphaned boys.  It has a long, storied history, and is reportedly haunted.  They hold regularly scheduled paranormal parties and have reportedly heard doors opening and closing, footsteps running up and down the halls, kids giggling, and supposedly some of the party members have felt something tugging on their clothes.  One of their bartenders, ironically enough, said he didn't believe the reports.  Lol.  We haven't seen him since that day, and we've been out there a few times since then.  Hmm.  Coincidence?  Perhaps.  Or..  Is it?
Here are some pics from Belvoir..
 It's a ghostly apparition!
(just kidding, it's a graduation balloon)
 My favorite..  Sorelle Dolci..
Sweet Sisters..
(Suhweet white wine)
 Aww.  No more Sweet Sister.
(too bad they can't have ghost wine in the empty bottles)
Belvoir's roses, not sure why my phone
added a little extra color to them.
They really were nice rose bushes!
(It might have been a ghostly apparition..)
 Now that's my kind of wine glass!
 We moved on to Fence Stile Winery
in Excelsior Springs, MO,
where I had a winery dinner for four
last year as well.  Deelishus food,
deelishus desserts and some deelishus
wines!  : )..
Their grapes look great!  Or grape!
They had an event last October where they invited the public
to come along and help them bring in their last harvest.
I almost went, but it was freeeeezing cold and super
early in the morning.  I plan on joining the fun this year
though!  They say they will probably have another one
in August.  How many people can say that they helped a winery
make their wine?  I'm thinking that sounds like a lot of fun!
Not to mention, pretty great knowing that I can buy a bottle
after it is ready to go.  : )..  I think I'd have to save it.

All in all, such a hard, hard, hard day.
Whew.  It's a hard life, but some one's gotta live it!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I just don't understand how you survived the day. I don't think I could have made it through!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, it was rough. But I muddled through it. : ).. Lol. With a little help from the wine.

      Delete