Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Workin it at work yesterday..

Whew..  Soo, our backs are once again, against the wall when it comes to finishing five rounds of evaluations on almost 800 floor operators.  There are nine of us in the Quality Assurance Department, but this month has been cahrazy.  We've had one person out sick for a few days, and then at least four of us going through our National training meetings at a time.  That doesn't bode well for getting things done.  We finally made it to the H's on our third round yesterday evening around six o'clock.

I started in the Co's, though, so that is quite an accomplishment to get all the way to the H's by the time that I left.  Whew!  I put in 63 evaluations yesterday by myself.  One other person put in 53, and then the rest of the QA's were from our evening shift workers.  But!  We were up to the H's.  And after having any overtime cut out since February of this year, we were granted 20-30 hours this month so that we might be able to hit our fifth round of evals by the 29th.  If I look at it, and the fact that we made it to the H's, I think we can do it if we can buckle down and keep people focused, but if I look at it, and the fact that we still have over 1600 evaluations left to do, and I'm only putting in 60 each day?  I'm not quite so sure if it's going to happen.  We have four people going through the training this week, and then two more are going to be assisting training next week.

I felt like I was putting so many evals in and movin soo fast, that I set off a fire alarm.  Lol.  Around 5pm-ish, we had a quick siren go off.  Tomato, Toe-mah-toe.  Potato, Poe-tah-toe.  I like my theory better than knowing that it was actually a Burglar Alarm.  Lol.  Somebody set our alarm system wrong and set the burglar alarms on the doors where everyone comes in.  Lo and behold, when someone came in the doors?  Lol.  It went off.  I still like thinkin it was me, back there setting the programs on fiyah.  And I was kinda hoping it was a fire alarm and that our firefighters would be back out there, visiting us again.  Ha!  : )..

Alrighty.  Gotta go put in some overtime.  Whew.  I'm expecting to hit close to 80 evals today.  I can do it!  Maybe.  Should be crazy.

1 comment:

  1. Woot. Made it to 81. : ).. We are only in the P's though. And will be soo short staffed. I seriously doubt that we will make a full five rounds of evals. That's still over 1600 evals, and not a lot of people or time to get there.

    ReplyDelete