Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Friday, August 3, 2012

Ballard Design Copycat.. : )..

Alrighty, so right down to the wire, I finally found everything that I needed for my Copycat Challenge.  After perusing the Ballard Design website, imagine my surprise when I ran across this normal looking bulletin board.  : )..

Cute, yes.  Different than normal?  Eh, not really.
And check out the price.  No.  Really.
It WAS $329.00, but is now listed
at a mere $249.00.
That's the price. Whew!
Really?
For a corkboard?
Alrighty then.  : )..

Soo, after gathering all the supplies that I actually had
just laying around the house, I made this.

I have had this picture frame sitting around the house forever.
Seriously.  Forever.  Alright, at least close to ten years.

 The picture frame had a Kohl's sticker on the back for $39,
but we got it for free as a left over from one of our friend's
garage sales.  Actually, we have two of them.  : )..

I grabbed my handy dandy black paint and a WalMart
spongy brush that were already here at the house and
commenced to creating this.
Total cost?  Nada.  Nuttin.  Bumpkis.
Just my time and energy.  Whew!  Lol.
Which means, I saved a whopping $249.00.
Hehehe.  That even beats my Longaberger
(sorry Dian!) knockoff from last time.  : )..

She's such a great host!  Great website!
Great ideas!  Great participants!


2 comments:

  1. Yes, much better price tag, and just as cute. Thanks so much for sharing with the copy cat party!~ Glad you did. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tellin ya. : ).. I about fell off my chair when I saw their price. Whoa. Whew. I am in the wrong business if they can sell things for that much! Lol. Thanks for hosting and letting us join!

      Delete