Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Five Month Absence? Wow..

It's been quite a while since I've blogged on here.
I did start a small Facebook version of
My Suburban Life though 
in the meantime.  It's been a while since I posted there too.  Lol.

Lots of things happened in the interim.
Work.
Work.
Work.
More work.
A craft fair with bath bombs this time.
More work.
Work.
Work.
Work.
Auntie Em got sick with Pancreatitis and we lost
her shortly after she came home from the
vets office.  She passed away one day
after her 9th birthday.
Work - missing Emmy.
Work - missing Emmy.
Work - missing Emmy.
The boys know it's quiet in the house but seem
to be doing ok otherwise.  They miss Em too.

And finally - we've come full circle to the time
where I started my blogs.

Here is the post that started it all on Milo's blog
E'UnaVitaBella.

Just another crazy day.

It all started at 7am yesterday morning. My momma was blissfully sleeping with me at the foot of the bed, keeping watch over her.  She was totally unaware of the chaos that was about to ensue.

Chirp!  Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! My sister, Auntie Em, or Emmy as we fondly call her, and I immediately sprung into action!  My momma's in danger!  Stop!  Who goes there?!  Halt!  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!  Emmy waivered and decided to hide under the bed.  I, however, am on the job!  I jumped off the bed and raced to the front door.  No one gets past me!  You should see vat I do to bears and beavers!  Grrr.

No one was there.  I patrolled the hall.  Nothing there either.  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! "Calm down, Milo, it's just the battery in the smoke detector downstairs."  Oh.  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!  I'm not so sure. 

She went to get a new battery and returned.  She put it in.  Silence.  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! "What the..." she asked.  Don't worry, momma, I've got it covered!  She called the people at her work.  After looking for a hush button and not finding one, she took the smoke detector down.  I watched, fascinated, barking occasionally at each chirp.  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! She unhooked the alarm system.  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!  She started upstairs and I followed, bound and determined to save her from impending doom.

She tried pulling the attic door, screamed (I was there!  in a flash!) and let it slam shut.  A huge spider fell out and ran across the floor.  I like spiders, but that one was HUGE!  I don't know how he fit through that door!  Well, alright, it wasn't THAT big, but he was huge!  She killed him with a shoe, saying, "ughhgh" all the time.  He's not dead yet!!  His leg is detached and twitching!  Ack!  Kill it!  Kill it!  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!

By this time, we know there has to be another smoke detector somewhere, but daddy's still sleeping.  How can he sleep through all of this?  There is something dangerous in the house!  Is it a bear?  I can handle bears.  Is it a beaver?  I've got them covered too.  Squirrel?  I'm on it!  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!

Daddy finally gets up and comes upstairs.  After a few minutes, momma has a flashlight in hand, and finally discovers that it is only an old, dying carbon monoxide detector that keeps chirping.  Chirp! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!  Wheee!  e  e  e  e....  It squealed when she took it out of the wall and then finally.  Silence.  Chirp?  Nope.  Silence.  Blissful, beautiful silence.  Ahh..  Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark!  Squirrel!

Our Carbon Monoxide detector has been chirping non-stop at us 
for the last few days.  It's been seven whole years since we
bought one.  And it's been seven whole years since I started my poor, 
neglected, sparse blog.  Lol.  I promise to get back to it soon.
But!  That's what I keep saying about swimming too!
Speaking of swimming!  I think I'm about to go.
Thankfully even though there is snow
on the ground outside (ick! I hate snow)
I still have 24/7 access to an indoor pool at one of
our local hospitals.  It's been a couple months
since I went the last time soooo,
I would say it's about time that I get back in there.
: )..
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment