Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cheatin' on Chipotle for the Culinarily Challenged Cookers..

I love Chipotle.  Don't get it often.  Love it just the same.  Here's a lil sumpin, sumpin my mother-in-law and husband helped create or inspire..  If ya'll are anything like me, lol, you don't cook much.  Thankfully, I married someone who cooks very, very, very well.  You should try his chicken.  Lol. It is so finger-lickin good, you'll be lickin everyone else's fingers too.  (he doesn't get why i say that, try his chicken and you will know..  and agree!)

Anyway, I digress.  Here's my Cheatin on Chipotle idea..  Woot.
Zattaran's (or other) Rice mix (doesn't matter which, Dirty Rice, Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, whatever).  Browned and drained hamburger.  Salsa.  Cheese.  Sour Cream.  Tortillas.
(ps - if u are time challenged like me because I spent too much time on the 'puter, nuke the rice in the microwave, tastes just as good, u don't have to stand over it stirring, no one will know unless they can see you and you can do other things like chop veggies or watch Y&R in the meantime)
Add ingredients to a warm tortilla and roll it up.  Tastes just as good as Chipotles, you can make just as much and it costs a fraction of the price.  Leftovers are just as good.  Woot.  I hate yucky leftovers.
----
Bonus recipe from my husband, the cooker: 
Black Bean And Corn Salsa..  Ooooh..  You gotta try this too..
One can of black beans, slightly drained.  One can of corn, drained.  One can of Rotel, slightly drained.  Chopped cilantro and onion to taste.  Palmful of salt.  Dash of chili powder and cumin.  Juice from half a lime (Rachel Ray says to nuke them for 10 seconds and hold it cut side up, juices easier).  Stir together and crack open a few bags of corn chips.  Sooo good.  You will make it often.  I guarantee that.  You can also double the ingredients and make more.  Hint, hint, hint. You will want to make more because it goes fast! : )..

No comments:

Post a Comment