Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Milo.. You are drivin me crazy! Ack!

I love our 9 month old pup, Milo.  He has his own blog.  Lol.  His family gets online but not on facebook, so it was only logical to start him one so that they could watch him grow up if they wanted to.  : )..  Lately, he's starting to develop some really bad habits.  He barks at EVERYTHING.  A shadow.  Bark!!  Bark!!  Bark!!  A noise.  Bark!!  Bark!!  Bark!!  Another dog barking outside (our neighbors are sooo considerate and leave their female coon/lab mix out so she can bark at everything and help Milo bark at everything).  Bark!!  Bark!!  Bark!!  Me posting on the computer.  Bark!!  Bark!!  Bark!!  His sister, Auntie Em (our older Cairn Terrier), his brothers (two cats), a leaf outside, cats outside, our other neighbors who are remodeling or flipping the house next door, including new roofing.  Bark!! Bark!! Bark!! Bark!! Bark!! Bark!! Bark!! Bark!! Bark!!

He's going through what is technically his "second" puppy training class at our local PetSmart.  We put Emmy through two classes before we got Milo, so he learned a lot from her and passed his 8 week puppy class in one hour.  He's a genius!  Gets gold stars at class all the time.  And then we get home.  He's going through intermediate / advanced training right now.  I'm not entirely convinced that our trainer hasn't decided to integrate those training classes because she is afraid we will bring Milo and Emmy back for another training class.  Lol.  They lose their little puppy minds when they see another dog in the store.  No socialization skills whatsoever.  None.  It's embarrassing. 

Soo.  One trainer, Kevin, said we should ignore Milo when he barks.  Which kinda works.  Sometimes.  He will get a little bored after about the 100th bark and move on to something else.  Bark!  Bark!  Argh.  He is drivin me crazy.  Lol.  I love him, but a shock collar sounds..  umm..  tempting.  Hmm.  I don't want to resort to that but he just won't stop.  He barks at night.  He barks in the morning.  He barks at EVERYTHING.  Dogs on tv.  A fly.  Bark!! Bark!! Bark!!  Sigh.  Bark!! Bark!! Bark!!  I need to call Cesar Milano.  Sigh.  Bark!! Bark!! Bark!!  Sigh.  I love Milo.  Just not his bark.  Sigh.......  Think I might hafta hava mimosa and relax for a bit.  Bark!! Bark!! Bark!!

No comments:

Post a Comment