Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Aha. My modification ideas.

I was surfin the web one day when I ran upon this awesomeness.
Loved it and loved most of the items on this site..
These suhweet little darlin's are sooo nice.  I would love to try some myself.  Therein lies the problem.  In order to do this, you have to let the gourd dry out and then cut it open to expose all of the mold that has grown inside of it.  I am highly allergic to mold (I kinda resemble a deformed monster with runny eyes, a sniffling, sneezy, red, mucousy messy nose that can't form a coherent thought because of how many Benadryl's I would need to take in order to combat that!  Lol.  Trust me, not a very attractive sight to see lumbering toward ya, children run in fear of the approaching monstrosity!) sooo, even with a mask, I've been a tad bit..  umm..  apprehensive. 

Plus, you have to have a delicate hand because they can crack very easily.  I am a Taurus.  I am the bull in the china closet.  China closets run in fear when they..  Ok..  Sooo, maybe they don't run, but still, the word "delicate" and me, it just ain't going to happen.  : ).. 

Soooo..  I realllllllly wanted to do something with the whole gourd mask idea.  Had some great design ideas, and got to thinkin..  Here's what I came up with..  Gourdless Gourd Masks.  No muss, no fuss.  I'm workin on some tile coasters with them as well.
 Three of my favorites so far..
 Different view of them.
Hmm, a little fuzzy.  Never said I was a great photog, I seem to cut people's heads off when takin pics.  Sorry about the blur, this will have to do for now.  This is one of my girls that I call, "Why yes, I am a Princess".
 One of my "Princes".
And one of my "Warriors".
They will get better, they are also a work in progress.  Anyway, I do love me some gourd masks.  : )..
Here's a picture of my Prince..  Lol.  I call him "Nauti" because I got him down in Kemah, TX a couple years ago (loved it down there!! oooh sooo nice!!).
Lol.  : )..  Not quite the Prince you were expectin.  Me either, but I love him too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit and comment. Have a wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too! Thanks for stoppin by here to visit as well, I appreciate your time. : )..

    ReplyDelete