Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cravin a taste from my childhood home..

My mom had a spaghetti sauce recipe that was sooo delicious.  I have been cravin it lately and think I might hafta make it this weekend..  She added raisins to the sauce, and as crazy as that sounds, it was soooo good.  : )..  The key is to let them soak up some of the yummy sauce and plump up.  It gives it an awesome extra kick.  Here's the recipe..
2 tbsp warm oil     1 tbsp parsley     2 tbsp garlic juice     1 tbsp thyme     1 heaping tsp paprika
1 (12oz) can tomato paste     2 (12oz) cans water     1 (15oz) can of tomatoes or tomato sauce
2 tsp salt     1 tsp pepper     1 tbsp basil     1 tsp oregano    

Stir well and cook 4-6 hours, stirring often.  Add 1/4 cup water as sauce thickens.

Meat for spaghetti sauce:
2 tbsp oil, brown 1 or 1 1/2 pounds of hamburger in skillet with 1 tbsp parsley, 1 tsp garlic juice, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper.  When browned, drain grease and add to sauce mixture with 1 cup raisins.  Let simmer until the raisins plump and swell from the sauce.  Enjoy!  : )..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment