Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, October 10, 2011

What's for dinner tonite?

I'm making crockpot bbq chicken.  Put frozen chicken breasts in crockpot.  In a small bowl, combine 1 bottle of bbq sauce (forgot to include that in the pic, lol), 1/4 cup of vinegar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.  Cook on low 4-6 hours.  Remove chicken when done and shred with two forks.  Serve on buns, hard rolls or hoagie buns. (Pinterest wins again for the main course..)
I'm going to top it off with my super ez, super yummy sweet potato fries, which is my submission for DebbieDoo's Newbie party this week.  Check out her site here.  She's great!  : )..
Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.  Peel the sweet potato if you want to, I usually don't.  Cut into steak fry strips.  Put in a gallon baggie, drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil over the fries, sprinkle with garlic salt.  Shake or rub the fries to evenly coat with the mixture.  Spread the fries out in a single layer on a cookie sheet.  Cook for 25 minutes, turning once.  Serve with ranch dressing.  They are sooo good.  : )..  I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

  1. Guess what I am making for dinner tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. : ).. Woot! If you are doing the BBQ Chicken, it's great, you might reduce the amount of vinegar. Ours was a little juicy. My husband cooked it down a little, but it was still a little much. The fries though? Delish! I was doing my happy dance today thinking about those. Lol.

    ReplyDelete