Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm soo thankful.. : )..

I have a lot of things to be thankful for.  I have great family and friends, loving puppies who get soo excited if I come back through the door five minutes after I went out because I forgot my phone.  I have a warm house and plenty food to eat, not to mention a dh that cooks 95% of it.  I've got a lot of great things going on.  I do see my glass as being half full.  Thankfully.

However, I am also thankful for the fact that a fisherman caught one strange looking little sea creature, and that someone out there thought...  Hmm..  I bet that little thing would be tasty!  I'm thankful that they were right, and that they met up with a culture who thought...  Hmm..  I bet that would be tasty after being grilled with onions, wrapped in a flour tortilla and topped with some cheesy sauce!  I am soo thankful, not only that they were right, but that they are so willing to open their doors and let me buy some.  : )..  I looove me some shrimp or seafood chimichangas.  Shrimp are crazy looking little things, but ooooh, they taste sooo good!  I could eat shrimp 24/7/365 and never get tired of it.

 Not quite sure if I would have thought, yummy!  Lemme cook that!
 Especially after watching Paris Hilton's My New BFF once.  : (..  That looks delicious though!
And that?  Now that's what I'm talkin about!  We have four great Mexican restaurants near us that have seafood chimichangas.  However, I would love to be able to make my own, anytime that I want...  Soo...  Here's a recipe that I want to try...

Ingredients:
1½ lb Shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1× 10 oz box Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed and drained
1× 10 oz can Rotel Tomatoes, original flavor
½ tsp Ground Cumin
½ tsp Salt
¼ Pepper
1 cup Heavy Cream
¼ cup Fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
2 cups Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
8 Large Flour Tortillas
1× 48 oz bottle Vegetable Oil
Directions:
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Toss shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and add to skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes until shrimp begin to turn pink, stirring constantly (shrimp should be slightly undercooked). Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside. Heat olive oil in skillet and add onions. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, cumin, salt and pepper. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-8 minutes until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp and parsley. Working with one tortilla at a time, place a tortilla on a work surface and spoon shrimp filling down center. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese over filling. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling and then fold sides over. Fold top of tortilla over folded sides and secure with wooden toothpicks. Place fold side down. Repeat with remaining chimichangas. Heat vegetable oil in a deep stock pot to 360 degrees. Using tongs, lower chimichanga one at a time, into hot oil with folded side down. Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 3-5 minutes. Drain chimichangas on paper towels and repeat with remaining chimichangas. Remove toothpicks and garnish with cilantro, green onions, tomatoes and sour cream.
Helpful Tips:
Serve with chopped fresh cilantro, chopped green onion, chopped fresh tomatoes and sour cream.


Yummy!  : ).. 

One day of work left and then..  Vacation!  Awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have something you love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I love me some shrimp! : ).. I am like Bubba from Forrest Gump when it comes to shrimp! Lol. I literally could eat it for breakfast (and have done just that), lunch and dinner every day and never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete