Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Rachel Ray is my hero.. : )..

Sooo, one of my favorite treats is deep fried ice cream.  I tried it for the first time at a restaurant in St. Louis called Casa Gallardo.  : )..  I loved it then, I love it now.  There are a few places around here that make it, but by the time we eat dinner, we rarely want to add dessert on top of that.  Sooo, that leaves the option to make it on my own.  I watched Martha Stewart once as she made it.  Loved the fact that I actually could make it, if I actually felt like taking that long and doing that many steps. 

She scooped the vanilla ice cream, placed them on a cookie sheet and then froze them until they were hard.  She then drizzled them with honey, crushed corn flakes and then flash fried them and then added her toppings.  I'm not one to want to wait long enough for the ice cream to freeze, and I'm not sure how long to actually flash fry it.

In comes Rachel Ray.  One of my co-workers was bored and flipping through the channels at work one nite.  He stopped on Rachel's 30 Minute Meals show.  I am sooo glad that he did.  Her dessert?  Fake out deep fried ice cream!  Fake out?  Ohh, yeah.  Here it goes...

Put your vanilla ice cream in a bowl.. 
Crush the cornflakes (those haven't been crushed yet) and put them on the ice cream..

Add a little bit of honey..

Add a little dash of cinnamon..

And any toppings that you want..
Whipped Cream, chocolate, cherries, etc..
Whatever you like..  : )..
And then..  enjoy!
What?  No freezing the ice cream?
Hopefully, it should be frozen enough..
What?  No flash frying?
Nope!  It's fake out deep fried ice cream..
There is no flash frying involved..  At all..
Layer your ingredients and dig in!
Yes..  It really is just as easy as that!
I love Rachel Ray..  : )..  Don't ya'll?

I'm linking up to Debbie Doo's Newbie Party again..  : )..
Check out her site, especially if you are a newbie!
She's got a lot of great things on there!
Thanks for always inviting us Debbie!

4 comments:

  1. My kids would love this. I'm following you now.
    Thanks for following me
    Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn, I'm tellin ya, this stuff is delicious! : ).. I'm sure that we could use something a little healthier like frozen yogurt and it would be just as great. I make it for people all the time. Super ez and super great. Thanks for following me, I am also following you as well. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy I love fried ice cream too. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us. And thank you for joining my newbie party. Have fun. Happy New year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has to be my absolute favorite dessert treat. Even beats carrot or cheesecake. : ).. Happy New Year to you as well Debbie!

    ReplyDelete