Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Last day of my vacation.. : )..

I start my new schedule tomorrow, 10am to 6:30pm.  The only downside to working an earlier shift?  My dh has gotten accustomed to having control over the remote.  Lol.  Great.  Hmm.  Hopefully we can agree on something to watch.  So far, this last couple weeks?  Eh.  I get control over the remote when he falls asleep on the couch.  Ha!  : )..

Spent the day working on a little project.  I have a few little tweaks planned, like personalizing and stamping them.  Here's what I have so far.

I started with:
One cup of salt..
 Two cups of flour..
 One cup of luke warm water.. 
Mixed it together until it
was a doughy consistency..
 Kneaded it for five minutes..
(and yes, that is a stylish little tomato timer..  lol)
 Spread out a little flour on the counter..
Rolled out the salt dough..
Cut out my shapes..
Used a straw to cut holes in
case I wanted to hang them..
 Painted my hearts..
Used red, black and white
because I love contrasting
colors..
And created a little jar
of hearts for now..
I'm not quite sure how much I like it yet.
I'm still kicking around a few other ideas..

2 comments: