Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! : )..

Indeed.  Hope everyone had a great one.  The picnic / wine tasting was awesome.  It was 66 degrees yesterday afternoon, so we all got to enjoy a couple bottles of wine and what I thought was a bottomless picnic basket that our friend packed along.  She brought crackers, cheese, crab dip, fruit, cheesecake and a whole lot of other stuff.  They bought a lot of wine, I'm thinking that they agreed, Ladoga Winery in Smithville, MO has it goin on.  : )..  They opened a bottle of the Blackberry and a bottle of the Strawberry Rhubarb wines to enjoy with the snacks.  Lemme tell ya, once the Blackberry had a chance to lose it's chill, that was some deeelishus wine!  Yummy for sure!  We had such a great time!  Buon Cibo * Buon Vino * Buoni Amici!  Good food * Good wine * Good friends!  What an awesome way to start the New Year's Eve festivities.

We went to the Famous Seamus and the Travelbongs show as well.  Luckily we took our camera because one of the group members told us his plan for the show before they started playing.  He proposed to his girlfriend during the show and I got it on video for them.  I would post it on here, but I am working a 16 hour shift at my old group home today so I'm not able to post the video right now.  Yup.  That says 16 hours.  Lol.  I'm working a double shift on the first day of 2012.  : )..  It's an easy job so...  What's better than earning a little extra money to start the year off right?

Alrighty..  Better get back to workin..  I'm working really hard right now..  Can't you tell?  The biggest part of this job is staying awake..  I've got my caffeine close at hand..  I am good to go!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a perfectly delightful day and evening! How fun!

    What kind of a group home do you work in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a great day! : ).. I used to work full time at a mental health group home but went back to ADT after the State of Missouri (who ran the group home) changed to an insurance company that our doctor wouldn't accept any more. It's a group home / apartment complex that is basically like an assisted living setting. There are 12 apartments for 21 residents. They cook and clean for themselves, we are just here to pass meds, take them to the grocery store, etc. I have continued to work "PRN" or just as needed when they have staffing needs. It pays well since they don't have to pay me overtime or benefits. It's a super easy job and I have always enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, Sarah, Jeff, Chuckles and I couldn't agree more Jan we had a great time and I can't remember having a better group of friends to ring in the New Year with - and Mother Nature Herself was splendorous in her contribution of warmth in KC on New Years Eve and of course the sunset! Glad you safely rang in the New Year, be blessed! Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely thought we made an awesome group, sorry that we were missing a couple, but maybe next time. It was a great day for sure! I'm so glad that you suggested stopping by there that afternoon and for the awesome picnic as well! That really made the day. : ).. Be blessed as well, hope your New Year continues to be as happy and fun-filled as that day was!

    ReplyDelete