Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

What's for dinner tonight? I am thinking this is! : )..

It is a Giada de Laurentiis recipe that looks great and sounds delicious.  I made a crockpot recipe of her's a few months ago that was pretty darn good, so since I have all of the ingredients on hand, I'm thinking this one is a winner, winner, no chicken dinner, winner for tonight.  : )..  Speaking of dinners, our free winery dinner for four at Fence Stiles Winery in Excelsior Springs, MO is on for this Saturday evening. Yummy!  Can't wait for that.

Anyway, here are the details on Giada's Pasta with Carrots and Peas.
Ingredients
  • 1 pound of linguine or spaghetti pasta
  • 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/2 of a large onion, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
  • 1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • Palmful of dried parsley
  • 1 cup of frozen peas, thawed
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Instructions

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook to al dente. Reserve at least 3 cups of the pasta water when you drain it.

Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the tomato paste and 1/2 cup of the hot pasta water. Stir to blend in the tomato paste and create a sauce, adding more pasta water if necessary. Stir in the Italian seasoning, basil and parsley.

Gently fold in the cooked and drained pasta and the peas; add the Parmesan, and any of the additional pasta water as needed. Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.

Sounds great!  : )..

No comments:

Post a Comment