Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fun with Marbles..

Soo, another fun craft item that I made over the weekend was baking craft marbles.  It was another Pinterest find, but from what I can see, it's been around for forever and a day.  : ).. 


I found the best results were when I
turned the oven on to 500 degrees and
baked the marbles for at least 20 minutes.
I poured them into a sink full of icy
cold water and voila!  Crack, crack, crack!
Another super easy peasy idea!

These are the ones that I made..
I also made some of the green and blue
flat marble rocks that you can find at
WalMart, I just haven't downloaded them
on the 'puter yet.

The marble on the lower right side
was left in it's original condition,
one to show the difference between
the baked marbles and the regular
and because it looked like it already
had a pretty significant crack running
through it.

Now if I can find something to put them
in, like the end cap shown in the other
website's pictures..
: )..
Hmm..  I am still lookin..

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That was what caught my eye on Pinterest too. : ).. And to find out how easy it is was a big bonus. I already had a pretty good supply of marbles at home, so that was a win win for sure.

      Delete