Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Owl City - Fireflies



Soo, I kind of like this song, but I think the lyrics annoy me at times.  Lol.
However, I love fireflies or lightning bugs, so I'll muddle through it.  : )..
This is still April.  I started seeing lightning bugs last week.  I saw more of
them tonight.  I don't remember them being out this early before.  The
websites I looked at say that each area will get them at different times, but
they don't usually show up until June.

I know that we had a super mild winter this year and that we are supposed
to have a buggy summer.  If the fireflies and skeeters are any indication,
I believe they are right!  Lol.  Kansas City had less than 5 inches of snow
this last winter, which by the way, is FINE with me!  I am soo not a snow
fan.  Not sure how much of a bug fan I am either, outside of lightning bugs.
I know I'm not a spider fan.  Ha!  Hopefully the bugs won't be too bad.

I worked at a Girl Scout camp outside of St. Louis back in 1989.  We had
some female staff members that came from other countries, but I remember
one in particular.  She was from Scotland and kept asking us, "What is that?"
We kept looking at her, "What's what?"  She would point, "That light!" Lol.
"Lightning bugs."  Silence. "What??"  Giggles.  "Lightning bugs.  Fireflies."
"It's a bug?!"  She said that they don't have them in Scotland, and sat still,
fascinated as she had one crawling around on her hand, occasionally flashing
it's light.  Kind of made us feel as though we had taken their presence for
granted.  I think of her every summer when I start seeing those twinkling
little bugs.  Soo, even though that song kind of annoys me, I still listen and
sing along every time I hear it.  I might have to go sit outside for a bit.  : )..

No comments:

Post a Comment