Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Whew!

Soo, yesterday (hush, hush. lol) was my birthday.  I was worried about our little furbaby Fergus though, the entire day long.  He had been outside playing with an old, chewed up milk jug and I think he ate a piece.  Woke up around 3am Sunday morning because he was getting sick in his kennel.  He got sick soo many times Sunday, and he hadn't been able to do his business the entire day.

After knowing at least two people who had dogs that had to undergo surgery to unblock an intestinal blockage, I was definitely worried.  A lot.  Poor little Fergus.  He looked soo sad.  : (..  I called our vets number, only to get a voicemail with an Emergency Vet Clinic number listed on it.  I called the Emergency Vet's number and they told me to try and withhold food and water for 6-8 hours to see if his tummy wouldn't calm down.  It slowed him down a little.  He ate later last night and still ended up getting sick.

Called our vet this morning and got him in.  Good news, the dr said he didn't have a fever or a cough, so that was a good sign.  Said that although Fergus tensed up when he felt around his stomach area, he didn't yelp in pain.  He sent us home with anti-biotics and an order for Metamucil.  Just as I was about to put Fergus in his kennel, lo and behold!  Lol.  He pooped.  Yay!  Happy dance for poop.  I was never so happy to see a little puppy going in all my life.  Not sure if a little piece of a green rubber ball was the culprit, or if we still have to worry about part of the plastic milk jug as well, but at least he's able to go again.  Yay!  Happy dance!  He acts like he's feeling a lot better as well!  : )..  Whew. 

Needless to say, I have rounded up every dangerous toy and jug that could cause problems again and given them the boot.  Better safe than sorry.  From now on out, we will stick with chews that are easy for pups to digest!  WHEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment