Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kitchen Art Inspiration..

Soo, while I was *ahem* working at the group home last weekend, I ran across this crafty little idea on Pinterest.
I found it here..

I'm more of a dark color fan, soo, I got some
silverware..
 Not sure if it's true or not, but I saw
something on Pinterest that said to wipe
metal objects down with vinegar before
painting them to keep the paint from peeling,
but I thought I would give it a try.
Lol.  No one would say that on Pinterest
unless it's true, right?
I wasn't taking any chances.  Lol.
I wiped them down with vinegar.
 Found a box that my husband was nice
enough to leave laying around
and started spraying my silverware.
 Flat black spray paint, found out
it's best to wear rubber gloves when
working with this..  Thankfully, my
husband also has some heavy duty
hand cleaner!  : )..
 Flipped them after one side dried and
sprayed them again.  Let them dry,
pulled them out..

Found a little wooden tray / frame
that was laying around here,
added a little burlap, added
some little thumb tacks to hold
the creation on, and then
added my newly blackened
silverware.

Voila!  Easy peasy!
Love the look of the dark
colors.  Still have a lotta
burlap left, they had it on sale
at Joann's this week,
so (sorry Bliss!), I'll have
a lotta burlap creations to come!

Joining up with DebbieDoo's
Newbie party this week!
Great host!  Great blog!
Great ideas!  Great newbies!
: )..


8 comments:

  1. That is really adorable! I would have never thought about the vinegar. Looks like it worked. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie! I probably wouldn't have thought of it either. Pinterest has really given me some great tips, true, needed or not. Worth a shot! : )..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I TOTALLY love this! So cute and easy to change when redecorating by just changing the background!
    Found ya at the newbie party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Nelly! It is definitely a functional piece that can be changed. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! : )..

      Delete
    2. My pleasure! Would love to share it on my blog:) If you dont mind!

      Delete
    3. I would love that! I am honored that you would want to share it, so definitely! Absolutely! Feel free to share it on your blog. Awesome! Thanks! : )..

      Delete
  4. That is so very cute! Love an easy peasy idea ...

    ... and, unlike Miss Bliss, I'm guessing your Joanne-purchased burlap wasn't the stinky kind like she found at a thrift store. Or maybe on the side of the road. Cuz Bliss is that kinda gal!

    :)

    Linda
    www.itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda! Lol, I gotcha. It probably isn't that type of stinky kind at all, thankfully! : ).. Although that might definitely explain the buurlap comment. Ha!

      Delete