Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don't judge a book by it's cover..

















This is Tyler Gregory who is almost a one man band.  We caught his show
one night while waiting for our friends to play at a bar in downtown KC.
Tyler was the opening act.  He definitely stood out in the moderately
conservative crowd while he waited for his show to begin.  No one really paid
any attention to him, until he and his young fiddle player started playing.  Lemme
tell ya, he grabbed everyone's attention for sure after that.  He plays a stompbox
that has a tambourine attached and it definitely made for an interesting set.  We
bought his cd that night and I had him sign it for me, which he really loved.

Now?  He's getting national news after playing on a street corner in Lawrence, KS.
There was a young boy in the crowd who couldn't resist approaching Tyler while
he was playing, and the boys father taped the exchange.  You can catch it here.

Such a great and touching story and such a great recognition for such a great artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment