Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Illuminations..

Some of my favorite craft items are luminairies, either solar jars, or some type of garland lights.  Soo, after finding this great idea on Pinterest, and after planning yet another party at our house for this Saturday, I finally got all the necessary items and got to work.  Here is the original idea..
Loved that idea.

Soo, I grabbed my box of 200 Dixie Cups,
an older book for the pages,
and cut out a template
using a cup that was cut
open and had the bottom cut off..
Wrapped my book page around each cup..
Cut a cross hatch opening on each one
using a serrated knife,
which really was easy peasy..
 Grabbed my string of white lights from
Hobby Lobby's wedding section..
  Poked each light through the bottom of the cups..
Strung them and hung them on the porch..
Turned out pretty well..  : )..
Can't wait for the party..
It's going to be a Shish-ka-bahbq..
We are having shish-ka-bobs with lamb,
pork, beef and chicken, with mixed veggies,
roasted veggies, and several other healthy
food items..

I'm joining DebbieDoo's Newbie Party
again this week.  Great host, great site,
great participants!  : )..

5 comments:

  1. Great idea! Your lights turned out so cute! Hope your party is wonderful. :-)
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharla, I love how bright they are. : ).. I have a few other things I'm going to do out there as well, so we'll have a nice, cozy setting for the party. Luckily, it's supposed to rain every day this week with the exception of Saturday. Awesome!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Nelly, I love it too, been wanting to increase our backyard lighting but not make it too bright. : ).. Thought about adding a few other options, gonna see if they are doable, including glow in the dark paint. Lol.

      Delete
  3. You are just so clever! Very cute. Thanks for sharing with the newbie party.

    ReplyDelete