Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Some pics from the ball park..

Volunteered to sell some 50/50 raffle tickets at the KC Royals game last Friday night.  The winning raffle ticket would win half of the money raised before the 4th inning.  The previous group sold enough for their winner to walk away with $2,500.  That sold a whole lot of tickets for me, and I used it as my hook, "the last person won $2,500!"  Errrrr!  People would stop and back up.  Lol.

We had at least 10 ADT reps there, and we were joined by some UPS employees and the Royal's Charity for the game, the Arthritis Foundation.  Armed with two books of 100 tickets each, we all set out to sell tickets.  We sold one ticket for $2, three tickets for $5 and seven for $10.  Dutch helped us out, and he and I both sold one whole 100 ticket book, while one ADT rep sold 200.  All in all, combined, three groups raised over $6,000 and our lucky fan walked away with $3,000.  We raised a full $1,000 more than the last group!  : )..  It was a whole lot of walking and my feet, knees and hips were aching (I wore a pair of tennis shoes that weren't as comfortable because my solid black ones that were cushier, didn't exactly look right, lol.), but it was worth all of the hard work!

The Royals organization gave us a free ticket, which was up in the top balcony and $10 in food vouchers.  Luckily, they were having "buck nights" where their hot dogs and soda were a buck each.  We ended up having a lot of the food vouchers left over, and after having traipsed all over the top level trying to buy a hot dog (to which we would stand in line and then hear, "we're out of hot dogs right now!"), we eventually walked down one level and found a vendor who not only had no line, but who had hot dogs.  The guy who waited on us probably thought I was crazy when I asked him, "do you still have hot dogs?" until I told him we just walked down from the fourth level.  Lol.

We watched about ten minutes of the game, and then decided not to walk back up the ramp to the fourth level to find our seats.  After all that walking, I was done!  Whew!  We decided to head out in the sixth inning, stopped and bought some popcorn (yeah, nothing there was healthy, lol) and then looked for someone to donate the rest of our food vouchers.  We had $6 left, and after looking around for a couple minutes, I found one lady who was trying to feed at least 5 kids who were standing patiently behind her.  I snuck up, tapped her on the shoulder and asked her if she had paid yet, when she said she hadn't, I handed our loot over and told her that they were a gimme to us and she was more than welcome to what was left.  : )..  She was definitely grateful.  I loved being able to help out.  I even volunteered to take some pictures for some fans who were trying to take pics on our way out.  One guy wasn't able to get in until I asked him if he wanted a shot with everyone. 

After that, we got back to the car and drove straight home to the pups.  Whew.  Whatta night!  What fun though!  Not sure I would volunteer again, but if I do, and I might, I'll make sure to wear my comfy shoes, no matter what I'm wearing.  Lol. There was a really super nice breeze blowing around the stadium that night and it really made it soooo nice.  Glad it's over for a while though.  I would love to try and beat our haul though.  "Last time I was doing this, the winner won $3,000!"  The home opener winner took home over $7,000.  I'm still happy with our score though.  With the highest dollar amount set at $10, we still managed to raise a heck of a lotta money that night.  Go team!

Here are some pics from the park..

 Before the game..
 Told ya I was heading there!  : )..
 Sooo nice..  : )..
 First inning action..
 This was the view from the fourth level,
yikes!
Sixth inning action,
right before we left.
Lol.  Whew.
It's enough to wear me out again!

2 comments:

  1. All, in all , sounds like you have a wonderful time...if not watching the game, at least walking around enjoy the view. :0 Take care, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry, we really did have a good time, even though we missed the game. I used to love baseball until college and then I got burned out on it. Just being there are having such a nice breeze blowing around the concourse was great. : ).. Selling that many tickets was definitely icing on the cake!

      Delete