Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crazy days..

This has been a crazy, chaotic, challenging month at the Kansas City ADT monitoring center.  We have 800 floor operators, and only 9 Quality Assurance representatives.  We had to complete five rounds, or 4,000 evaluations this month, despite the fact that we lost 27 man hour days to our national account training.  All 9 of us had to complete three days of training, losing out on working our usual quota of evaluations.  It's been a struggle, but by gosh, we have three days left and we are on our last round starting tonight.  We have been limited until the past few days, because we weren't able to put in any overtime.  They finally relented and offered us four hours each.  Lemme tell ya, we've been without overtime since February, most of us jumped on that quick!  Lol.

We still have 800 evaluations to go, but we'll get there.  They just opened up another 5 hours of overtime for us starting tomorrow, so that will help a lot.

It's been crazy, chaotic and challenging.  It's coming to a close.  Soon.  As of midnight, Saturday morning, the Kansas City monitoring center will no longer be a part of the ADT Security Services family.  Starting then, we will become the new entity known as Tyco Integrated Security.  Tyco and ADT are splitting, becoming two totally separate companies.  Within two years, we may be direct competitors, because ADT can come back and try to lure some of our commercial companies from us.

Our monitoring center has been chosen to become a commercial, national chain, domestic violence and Department of Defense monitoring center.  We will no longer monitor residential or small business accounts, our custom home services, which monitored the homes of the rich and famous, or the home health accounts that we had all grown to know and love.  I don't think that any of us truly know what changes are going to come our way in the near future, but we are ready for the challenge.

I'm going to miss ADT.  It's been a part of my life for over eight years.  I've been an outbound emergency dispatch operator, getting to actually talk to several celebs while handling accounts (Clint Black, Wayne Brady, Heather Tom, Carmine Giovanazzo, just to name a few), an inbound customer service agent (although that had a short shelf life with me), a training assistant and now a quality assurance coordinator.  It's been a crazy, chaotic, hectic, fun, monotonous, long, drawn out, challenging, exciting, busy, insane at times ride, but I have enjoyed almost all of it.  Some of the best times were when it was the craziest.  Whether it was the New York City blackout a few years ago, or hurricanes driving alarm systems crazy, or just the challenge of meeting our evaluation rounds, it's been fun.  I'm going to miss that.  I'm sure it will be the same under our new name and company, but I won't feel the same sense of pride when I see ADT commercials on the tv.

One thing that I am proud of, I've spent my last week as an ADT employee kickin some serious evaluation booty.  Not only did I enter 92 evals yesterday alone, I actually got a kudos from my boss today.  Lol.  I also got a challenge from a co-worker.  She's going to buy me a candy bar if I can hit 100 tomorrow.  My boss said he'll open his snack drawer, which is filled to the brim with candy from our recent QA Trivia game a few months ago.  Lol.  Either way, it's a win-win and I am up to the challenge.  Bring.It.On.  : )..  Let's get crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're really being challenged! Good luck on making it to 100 and have fun munching on your candy bar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot, I soo would have made it. We have another National training class and I stopped to do four evaluations for them and came up 5 short of my goal. It's ok though, because I did it for the greater good of our group. : ).. Just knowing that I would have succeeded is good enough for me!

      Delete