Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Drip! Drip! Drip!

Alrighty then.  Once again, my craft idea was spawned from..  Yup.  You guessed it.  My favorite thing, Pinterest.  I seriously need a Pintervention.  Seriously.  I went over 3GB on my unlimited iphone data plan this month, although part of it was on Pandora.  Lol.  I love Pinterest.  It's awesome.  Especially when I find ideas like this!  Voila!  Drip painted pots!  Awesome idea found here!  Love it.  : )..

And then I found this drip painted pot found here..

I really love the whole drip painted pottery craze.
: )..  Soo, I gathered my paint and my pots..
And gave it a shot.


It takes a little practice, a lot of patience,
steady hands and an understanding of how
to correctly drizzle the paint.

I tried doing the painted rainbow-ish color scheme
like the first picture, but it turned out as one huge pink and yellow
blob, mostly a yellow gooey mess.

I tried a red and white one, but needed to paint the lip
beforehand.  I recycled my lighthouse pots for this week's craft project,
which were white with a blue lip.

Then, after painting the lip black and the pot yellow,
I decided on a bumblebee drip painted color scheme.
You probably know me and my love of the darker colors.  : )..
I also love bright, contrasting looks too.

I finally got the hang of the drizzle, and kept
turning my pot while dribbling the paint down the sides,
starting at the base and working my way around.
Guess where I found the knowledge to paint it correctly.
Pinterest?  Nah.  My husband, Dutch.  Lol.
He discovered the whole gooey mess and gave me a few pointers.
Worked pretty well.  Have to give him some props, lol,
after all, he painted this all by himself with small, handheld
Preval misting spray bottles.


He built it all by himself a few years ago.
Guess he's pretty crafty too.

I'm linking up to DebbieDoo's Newbie party this week.
Great host!  Great site!  Great ideas!  Great newbies!
I'm also linking up to Barbe's Beez Rental Design's
link party this week as well.  : )..
Great blog parties!



8 comments:

  1. Hello Jan, I'm a new follower and found you at the Newbie Party. Isn't Debbie the greatest? First I have to say that Milo is such a cutie; true dog lover. : )
    The sharp contrast of your painted pot is lovely. Love anything referring to bees, thus my blog name. LOL! I can see it tucked in a shady garden bed with lots of white blooms, awesome! I have a collection of pots I've wanted to paint and this will add to my list of techniques. I'd love if you'd visit and share your drip pot at my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbe, sorry it took me a while to respond, it's been a little crazy at work the past couple days and I haven't had much computer time. Debbie is awesome, she's got some great ideas on her page week in and week out. : ).. And thank ya, I think Milo is a cutie pie too, and so sweet to boot! Thanks for the compliment on my pot, I'm a big fan of the bumblebee color scheme, so that's not the only thing that we have in that color. : ).. I will definitely check out your web party as well! Thanks for visiting and inviting me!

      Delete
  2. CUTE! Unfortunately for me the steady hand deal isn't going to happen, so these may not be attempted. I have an addiction to pin also, I have to force myself not to PIN!!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the look too, thought it was super cute. Actually, you could cheat a little and rest your hand on the bottom of the pot. That might help. And actually, the steady hand, the drips might look even better once you tried it. : ).. And as far as Pinterest. I'm tellin ya. I forgot my phone at home last week and went without Pinterest for 9 full hours. Longest work day ever. Ha! Hope you have a great week as well!

      Delete
  3. You did a great job! I've done a few pinterest projects too, it's such a wealth of imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanne, I'm telling you, I love Pinterest. There are so many creative people on there. : )..

      Delete
  4. How CAYUTE!~ THanks for sharing with the newbie party. I appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie, I thought the drip painted pots were definitely cayute. : ).. I appreciate all that you do for us as well!

      Delete