Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Eureka!! Aha!! I got it now!! : )..

Hi. This is me.  I'm a jester.  I'm silly.  I like to make people laugh.  I like to cheer people up. I want people to be happy.  I want world peace.  Lol.  I sound like a Mrs. Universe contestant.

 However, here lately, I've felt like a complete and utter failure.  I've done a fairly good job procuring some items for auction to support my friend's attempt to raise funds to cover final costs of their fiancée who has Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer.  
These are the crickets that I hear when I tried posting the online auction last week.
 Chirp, $5 bid on the flickering skull, awesome!  We have our first bid!  Chirp.  Chirp.  Chirp.  Silence.  Whoa.  I know it's supposed to be a silent auction, but not that silent!  Yikes! This is me (not really, it's someone else) freaking out Saturday afternoon!  
Maybe we should pull the items offline and do a raffle, or a regular auction in front of a group of people...  Here's me trying to also generate support for a car warsh (yup, lol, I know) Saturday.
  Chirp!  Chirp!  Chirp!  Our supporters out of state reposted my fb car warsh posts.  
My in town fb friends?  .....  .....  Nuttin.  Not even a chirp.
  
Ack!  I even said I would toss in prizes to the first person who sent us a car to warsh.  .... .... Nuttin.  
 
I felt hopeless.  I felt like I failed.  I felt like we would never, ever, ever raise any money for Tyrone.  Nuttin.  Nada.  
 
I have the support of Fence Stile Vineyard and Winery and Ladoga Ridge as well as a lot of local businesses.  
 
Chirp!  Email from my coworker wanting to bid on items!  Yay!  There might be hope!  Posted items again.  Chirp.  .....  $5 bid on my Cici's coupons.  There might be hope.  .... .... .... Nuttin.  
Failure? I felt like one.  
 
Here were my fb friends who looked at me like I had grown a third eye.  Lol.  
Monday rolled around and I trudged back to work.  Yeah, my online auction is never going to work.  I will never be able to get enough support to get bids.

Another coworker wanted to look online over the weekend but looked when our items were offline.  Chirp!  There's hope again?  Yay!  Chirp. ... ....
 
It's Thursday morning.  The abject failure that I have felt has crept back again and been smothering me.  Choking me.  I've posted about potato chips and music. I hadn't even had the heart to post anything that might let people see how big of a failure I am. Sigh.  ... .... ....  
 
CHIRP!  Aha!  Epiphany!  I'm going about this all wrong.

I got it figured out.  I'm about to kick this auction's hind end in major gear.

I'm about to out this fund raising in its place.  Aha!

Instead of just trying fb and on here, I'm about to make some signs to put in grocery stores, libraries, store fronts, etc.  this town needs to know that we are raising some money and that we've got some items for them in return.

Aha!  I can do this!  I've got paper and some colored markers on hand!

Aha!  We can do this!  No more crickets!  I'm kicking them back outside.  Shoo little crickets.  We've got work to do.  My third eye's brain just kicked in!

Aha!  Failure?  It's no longer in my vocabulary!  Shoo failure!  It's no longer an option!

It's auction and raffle time in Cowtown!
 
Woot!  Eureka!  Let's get the party started!!!  Woot, woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment