Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Spam! With Turkey, Apple, Almond Butter Paninis!

Ok.  Sounds yummy, eh?  Lol.  Non?  Oui?
Been going through some Canadian Account training at work,
so I'm trying to brush up on my French vocabulary.
Spam! Turkey! Apples! Almond Butter?
Lol.  Alright.  Not all of them together.
 
The spam was from my yahoo account which was hacked
by some unscrupulous people drifting around, maliciously lurking
on Craigslist.  Someone decided to send out a bazillion (which is a slight
exaggeration, but not by much) emails
to my contacts, so I apologize to all those who
received a spammy email message from "me".
 
Now, for the Turkey, Apples and Almond Butter.
Our cafeteria used to serve regular cafeteria meals.
Some were good, some were..  Umm.  Not so good?
Now?  Oooh!  Now!  We have Linda who comes up with
healthy, delicious, yummy, scrumptious ideas!
 
Today's choice?  Was a Turkey, Apple Panini.
Turkey?  With Apples?  What?
Yep.  Turkey. With thinly sliced apples.
Topped with some delicious Almond Butter.
Squished flat with what looked like a flat iron.
Lol.  I'm sure it has a name, forgive me, I am not the
culinary genius.  : )..  But by gosh!
Linda sure as heck is.  This has to be one of my absolute
favorite sandwiches they make!
 
Here is something fairly similar, with a little
cinnamon, honey butter mixed in.
Ooooh, I can taste it now!  : )..
Alton Brown says that you don't actually need to have a fancy
panini maker to make these delicious treats.  He took two regular
bricks, covered them with tinfoil and laid them on top of
the sandwiches while they were grilling. Diabolically easy! 
You don't get the lines, but lemme tell ya!
For something that easy and that delicious?
I can skip the grill marks.
Woot!
Who is with me?!
: )..
 


No comments:

Post a Comment