Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Oooh My Gush.. Yes Please!! : )..

Sooo, our Missouri Wine Board and wineries
have come up with recipes made with
various wines.
Sounds yummy.
Like..  This..
 
Blackberry Wine Cake..
Winery: St. James Winery
Ingredients:
1 cup Blackberry wine
½ cup chopped pecans
1 (2 layer) box white cake mix
1 3-oz box berry flavored gelatin
½ cup vegetable oil
4 eggs

Glaze Ingredients:
½ cup St. James Winery Blackberry Wine
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup (1 stick butter)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Grease and flour a bundt pan. Sprinkle pecans in the bottom. In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and gelatin. Add eggs, oil, and 1 cup of wine; blend thoroughly. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake 50-60 minutes until cake tests done. Remove from oven; turn out onto wire rack to cool.
Meanwhile, combine the powdered sugar, butter and ½ cup wine in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
Pour ½ the mixture over the warm cake; let set for 30 minutes. Pour remaining glaze, which will have thickened somewhat, over cake.
 
That sounds scrumptidly delishus!!
 
: )..
 


No comments:

Post a Comment