Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Long, Tough Week..


















It's been a long, tough week.
I celebrated a birthday, won't say which one though,
but lost my father on the same day.

It wasn't unexpected,
and we are all relieved that he is no longer in any pain
and with our mom again,
but it was a long, tough few days.

He always teased my nephews about Missouri Mules,
and would thoroughly enjoy clipping articles about them,
or sending them Mule birthday cards.

Our nephews all grew up and attended seminaries,
each graduating as a minister.
Our middle nephew, Michael,
led our dad's service.

He talked about how dad grew up with the love of mules.
How he loved to tease them.
How the mule is misunderstood.
It is seen as being stubborn.
However, it's just that they are smart and wise.
They are great teachers when paired with other animals.
At the end of his service, he tied it in with how
our dad lived his life in the same way.
All in all, it was probably one of the best services
that there has been.
And it was special that our nephew was able to lead it.

Anyway, back to the regular grind.
Here are a few pics to honor my dad.

Michael's five year old daughter Peyton
wrote this book that was illustrated by her mom, Brittany,
and is available on Amazon.
My dad was one of the strongest men around,
and here is taking a moment to enjoy the book.



  



No comments:

Post a Comment