Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Milo's keeping Dr. Swoope in business..

I'm thinkin we are going to have to ask for a frequent flier program through Dr. Swoope's office.  He's going to be able to afford a brand new car by the time we stop seeing him.  : (..  Soo, Dr. Swoope's our vet.  He's great.  Saved our cat from a bad bout of fatty liver disease.  Spayed Emmy, neutered Milo.  Fixed Milo's first toenail.  Fixed Milo's second toenail.  Now?  Today?  Is going to have to fix yet ANOTHER toenail.  Aye Carumba!  There has to be a limit of times that it's safe for them to knock him out to fix one. 

But!  Aha!  Now I know why he's broken the last two off at the quick.  We have five steps off our back patio.  Milo only uses two and then flings himself off them to run across the grass to bark at kitties, squirrels, birds or other dogs that are all outside of our fenced yard.  He loves to play hard.  I'm hoping that another rail going down the outside of the steps will curtail his jumping frenzy.  Hopefully he will realize that he needs to actually go to the bottom before he tears across the yard.  Hopefully.  Maybe.  Keeping my fingers crossed. 

He's only going to have seven toenails left after this, but I don't think it's safe to have him knocked out each time.  : (..  Emmy never had this problem, but she doesn't play with total abandon like Milo does.  He's still puppy crazy, even though he's starting to show signs of slowing down a little.  Just a little.  Dr. Swoope was teasing me last time and asked what I was doing to break his toenails.  Lol.  I'm almost embarrassed to be taking him back in again.  He knows that Milo's never been abused, lol, Milo is a happy, well-adjusted pup that still runs and plays happily in their office, despite being in pain from his toenails.  I'm hopin this will be the last one.  Aye carumba.

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill, he ended up having to stay overnight because they got busy and didn't get to him until around 4:30pm today. We get to pick him up in the morning. He's doing fine otherwise. I hate not having him home and Emmy is really feeling it too. But, first thing in the mornin, we'll be picking him up. : )..

    ReplyDelete