Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Picked my puppy up this morning.. Yay..

It was a long, long, long night last night with just a little sleep.  Emmy was worried about her little brother and I'm sure he was worried without us.  I should have dropped him off with a shirt we had worn but not washed yet, but didn't realize he would be there overnight.  : (..  Poor little Milo.  Lol.  He keeps getting knocked out and wakes up missing a body part at the vet's.  Neutered.  Claws.  He keeps disappearing a piece at a time.  Lol.  He's probably wondering what he's going to lose next.  He still can't quite put a paw on what it is he's missing, but he's sure there is something gone.  Hmm. 

Had an early, early, early day because I was there at 7am when they opened and then went to work early.  Got off early.  Only one more early in / early out 6 hour shift to go and then I have five whole days off work!  Wow.  I won't know what to do.  Lol.  Actually, I've pretty well got it all planned out.  Dinner at a friend's house with some of the yummy Johnsonville Sausage Stuffing (still haven't made it, but it looks and sounds great still).  Two days chocked full of winery tours and then..  A couple days of rest.  Yay.  Here are a couple more wineries I plan to tour..

  So, they had a harvest / lunch Sunday.  I woke up in time, let the dog out, realized how freezing cold and icky it was and went back to sleep snuggled up with Milo.  Lol.  So much for that fun, I'm betting they will have one when it's getting warmer.  I'll be there then!

Aha, a winery near a nice touristy lake.  My way to spend a little time, sippin wine.  : )..  Love the barrel tables.  Looks great.



Nestled in downtown Kansas City, we were only a couple buildings away from this one a couple weeks ago.  Sounds like an interesting winery.

All in all, there are 9-10 more wineries in this area.  We will have at least two days to visit them, so it won't be all in one afternoon.  I'm putting together a strategic map to optimize each day's wine tour so that we don't miss one and have to backtrack.  Lol.  Also, I'm skipping the dry wines.  Ick.  Last time?  I had a little oaky-licorice heartburn / acid refluxish action going on.  No more of that.  Lol.  I will pass.  Should be an interesting vacation / holiday time. 

My friend also wants to check out the Plaza Lights, thankfully not the Plaza Lighting Ceremony.  We can watch that on live tv from inside a warm house, instead of cram-packed like a can of expensive, hoity-toity sardines stuck in a freezer.  Lol.  A whole bunch of people crammed together in freezing weather to watch them ooooh flick a switch and lights to come on.  Woooo.  Yay.  That's how exciting it is.  Lol.  I'll stay home.  : )..


4 comments:

  1. OH poor Milo! But he is definitely keeping his vet in business!

    Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina! : ).. His vet is going to be driving a new car soon. Lol. Although his vet is good and is one that works with lower income clients for the most part so he doesn't charge what some of the vets would around here. Hope that you also have a safe and happy Thanksgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny about Milo! lol

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Myric! : ).. Lol. He just can't quite figure out what has changed... He also thinks that he can't really walk on his bandaged foot (it comes off tomorrow) so he keeps running around, holding his foot up.

    ReplyDelete