Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Monday, January 23, 2012

40 Minute Countdown starts.. Now!

Lol.  Soo.  DH has to get up super early again, so I'm on a library computer.  Had to stop by anyway, so I thought I would hop on and take their 'puters for a spin.  Dang.  Already down to 38 minutes.  That was a super fast minute!  Sheesh.  Anyway, I'd better get to movin or else I'll be halfway through my post and whoosh!  Out of time.  Wish I had something witty to say.  Hmm.  Nuttin.  Getting ready to make the pot roast with au jus sauce when I get home.  Had to go grocery shopping on my own.  That was interesting. 

Everything that I picked up, I could hear dh saying, "that cost too much per pound".  Dang.  I don't do very well when I shop on my own.  I had a grocery list and think that out of all the stuff I had on it, I got about 60% of what was there.  Sigh.  I did make sure that I had enough for lunches this week and some items for supper.  This should be interesting.  Lol.  I am not good with a budget, but stayed well within the money that I had for the trip. 

Anyway, here's my recipe for the pot roast with Au jus..

1 2-3 pound roast (beef or pork - I choose pork because it cost less per pound).
2 cans beef consumme
Swiss cheese
6-8 hoagie buns

Place roast in greased slow cooker.  Pour consumme over the top of the roast.  Cook on low 8-11 hours or on high for 5-7 hours.  Remove roast and save the extra juice for dipping.  Pull the roast apart with a couple forks when it is done, it should almost fall apart.  Serve on the hoagie buns and dip the sandwiches in the juice.

Alrighty.  31 minutes to go.  Hmm..  28 minutes.  Ok.  Done!  : )..

Addendum: Got home, dh was up for a minute..  Said I was right about the price on most of the items so that was all good.  Had stayed $10 under the budget...  But...  He wasn't up for the pork roast with beef au jus so we scrapped the roast for now..  Lol.  Guess we'll find a beef roast somewhere instead.  Whew.  I hate shopping on my own!

2 comments:

  1. Does Milo get any of the pan drippings?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He certainly hopes he does! Lol. He will probably get a little bit of the meat. : )..

      Delete