Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My iphone is slowly dying..

It's not a problem with the battery.  It's not a problem with the phone.  It's the fact that we have had our iphones over two years and Apple has come out with newer versions.  We are no longer in a contract with AT&T, it's been long enough that we could move on if we chose to. 

Bit by bit, our iphones are dying.  First, it was our Weather Channel application.  It kept crashing.  I deleted it.  Clicked on the app store icon.  Found the application again.  Clicked install.  Boop!  Error message.  "This app requires an upgrade".  Really?  Umm.  K.  Nah.  Not ok.    : (.. 

Next, I decided that I needed new games.  Boop.  "This app requires the ios4".  Really?  Whatever.  Next.  Again.  And again.  And again.  Finally got a few ancient games to load.  I'm only finding one or two games that don't require the brand spankin, been out on the market for a month or so iphone.

Now?  Facebook.  Crash.  Crash.  Crash..  Nooooo..  Not my facebook.  Crash.  Ugggghhhh.  Crash.  crash.crash.crash.  Dang it.  Delete.  App Store.  Social Networking.  Facebook.  Boop!  Noooo!  I can no longer add the Facebook application without upgrading to the new phone.  Really? 

My iphone still functions.  It still works.  : (..  The phone still makes and receives calls.  It still sends and receives emails.  The calculator still calculates.  The apps?  They are slowly dying.  One app at a time.  Sigh. 

I am suffering Facebook withdrawals.  Especially when dh is sleeping and I can't get on the 'puter at home.  I am addicted to the electronic convenience to which I have become accustomed to. 

Soo.  DH has already decided that it's finally time to "upgrade".  To another iphone?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  Lol.  Yay.  I don't know if I want to do this again within two years when Apple upgrades to the iphone 5.  I'm keeping my ears and eyes open to other people talking about their phones.  Samsung?  HTC?  Blackberry?  Hmm.  The possibilities are endless.  Thankfully.  Sigh.  : (..

Even my Pandora app (which I love Pandora and my, "Susie Blue" channel) started bugging out yesterday.  I was stressed enough without that.  Lol.  Started to play Pandora, it would play about 30-40 seconds of a song and then...  freeze.  Really?  : (..  nooooo.  ugh.  dang it.  : (..
Curse you Apple!  : (..
sigh.
Time for a new phone though!
Yay!  : )..

4 comments:

  1. I'm still on a non I phone, non smart phone and when I hear stories like this, I think I may just stay with the basics. Good luck to you though! I do feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go back to a basic phone and then spend a little extra to purchase one of those handy little "notebook" laptop computers or something similar to that. I was eyeballing an Ipad last night. Lol. I could see that Ipad doing the same thing though. Smart phones are handy, but they are frustrating too. Lol. I am forever hitting a link when I'm trying to scroll on the internet or facebook. You are lucky. : ).. You have the right idea! Thanks for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Jan Facebook misses you too! I have had my sprint blackberry for almost 2 years. It's great for facebook, music - pandora is on there, several apps. The one thing that I will say of 4 of us I know that have Sprint - we have terrible coverage for phone calls. Great small computer, not such a great phone... Hope to see you next weekend for some time at Ladoga to sample/purchase :) I'm sure some ChocoCherry Wine :) I see bottling starts Wednesday - but that may be the night of Chicken dinner LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanie! : ).. I am definitely missing facebook. Lol. I think there was a Sprint phone that I had been looking at. We had Sprint, and I don't remember having bad phone coverage, although I do remember dropping calls in certain areas. Hmm. Ladoga! You wouldn't have to twist my arm, our Chicken Dinner isn't until 5pm on the 4th, sooo, we might just have to join ya for some ChocoCherry Wine there.

      Delete