Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

This is me today! : )..

Soo.  After our Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner Winery Winner Wine Tasting and Pairing Party in October (which was awesome), I have been looking forward to the Level 6 Missouri Winery Passport Journal winery dinner for four at a location of our choice.

We had the tasting and pairing party at Belvoir Winery in Liberty, MO.

Our dinner is going to be at Fence Stile Winery in Excelsior Springs, MO.
They have delicious wines and after looking at the dinner menu choices,
I really think that this is going to be my favorite reward from the Wine Association!
The dinner will be catered from Ventana Cafe & Coffee House.

William and Shriti from Fence Stile suggested some great choices, including buffalo chicken soup.  Ohh yeah.  That sounds sooo good.  I'm really looking forward to the main course as well.  I'm trying to decide between the New Orleans pasta, which has spaghetti, lemon pepper chicken, roasted red peppers, red onions, crushed red pepper, cajun spice with lemon twist and is served with garlic toast or the Tuscany Pasta, which has sundried tomatoes, artichokes, mushrooms, spinach, feta, olive oil and garlic.  They both sound great!

Anyway, after going to Fence Stile today and enjoying the wine, weather (almost 60 degrees) and a picnic, I've been feeling a little "winey".  The wineries had magnets and t-shirts with funny quotes, such as "Screw the cracker, Polly wants wine!".  My favorite though?  I found a t-shirt at Stone Haus that only had one word, but it was my favorite none the less.  It inspired me to create my latest submission for Debbie Doo's Newbie Party.  Please check out her website, you won't be sorry!  There are some great crafters who have joined, especially this one!  .  Without further ado, here it is..

 I have had these marble tiles from Lowe's for a while..
 I bought these crafty little stickers with my White Elephant WalMart Gift Card a while ago..  : )..
 So I stuck the letters on my tile and painted over them..
 Let it dry and then peeled the letters off..

Wineaux.  Lol.  That's me in a nutshell.  : )..
I love the wineries here in Kansas City.
Ladoga in Smithville..  Seriously?  Forward all my mail there, I am home!
Fence Stile in Excelsior?  Friday nights spent sipping wine while watching movies outside around their fire pit?  Count me in!
Belvoir in Liberty, MO?  Ghosts can't scare me away from their Sorelle Dolci!  Ha!
Wineaux.
Lol.
It doesn't get better than that!





9 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that's cute!!! Makes me think of what else can be done like that.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm tellin ya, it's easy to do. I saw a pin on Pinterest where someone took a thrift store picture and did the same thing with their favorite quote. It turned out great. The only downside is sometimes the paint leaks under the letters. It helps to be fast and clean them up before it dries. : )..

      Delete
  2. That seems like a fun project to do, and turns out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I think it turned out better than my other attempt, which was the "There's no place like home" project. I learned a little with this new one. It's better to use a porous surface, a roller paintbrush and stickier letters. There were still a few spots that I touched up, but not as much as the last time. It's super easy and I liked how it turned out. : )..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jill! I really like how it turned out too. : )..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jan next thing you know Ladoga is going to have a booth for you since they sell local vendors! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm. I would love that. : ).. I might just have to try something like that. Thanks Jeanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. think I might have to make some of these! Cute idea! New follower! Had to find you thru Bliss Ranch, all the way from over here in Shawnee - funny! - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, both for the comment and for following me. : ).. I appreciate both! I really like Bliss Ranch's website as well. And that's great that you are so close! The tiles were from Lowe's and weren't expensive at all. I think the box was less than $5? I've had them for a while now, I was going to make coasters out of the square ones that I bought along with these. They worked really well for this craft though! It's super easy to do, which is right up my alley!

      Delete