Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Can you hear me now?

Soo, last night, after getting back from the winery, I tried making a couple phone calls.  I could hear people, but, they couldn't hear me.  Mmm.  Alrighty then.  I'm tellin ya.  That iphone was dying bit by bit by bit.  One application at a time.  And now?  I don't know what it's problem was.  Solution?  Aha! 

We stopped by the Verizon store and looked to see what kind of service package we could get and what kinds of phones were available.  Looked at the iphones there, and then looked at the Droid Razor.  It had a great screen on it, with a waving American Flag graphic on it.  However, we decided that we didn't need to learn how to work a new phone.  Verizon didn't have a plan that matched our AT&T one, so we cruised over across the street to the AT&T store. 

Didn't take long and we walked out with two brand new, spankin hot rod iPhone 4s.  The pictures are crystal clear.  They take videos, although I haven't had the chance to try it yet.  I was called in to work at the group home this evening because they were short handed.  I brought my new phone, but forgot the charger.  No worries though, I still have my phone charger that works with it.  All of our chargers are the same for it, so it's all good.

My co-worker told me that there is a magical application in the Apps Store called, "Free Music Downloader".  Thanks Valerie!!  The free version lets me download 10 free songs.  I will have to buy the upgraded version, but the songs on there are legal.  Woot.  : )..  I am a happy gal for sure!  Music?  That I can download?  Awesome!

And best yet, I have my Facebook application back.  Yay.  No more having to open two different links, depending on whether I wanted to see my friend's status or if I wanted to see if there were notifications.  I misssssed my fb app.  I am soo dependant on technology, it's not even funny.  Now?  I have some great technology again.  Hopefully it will last at least two more years. 

We got to keep our existing service plan as well, which is great because a lot of the wireless phone companies will not do an unlimited data plan like the one that I still have.  I use a LOT of wireless data.  A whole lot.  DH barely uses any.  He's had the $15 limited plan for months and hasn't ever gone over it.  I have the unlimited data plan for $30 and am always near 600,000 mega bytes or whatever they are.  I can't ever remember that kind of stuff.  I am sooo not technical. 

Anyway, now I don't have to worry about losing applications for a while.  Or not being able to talk to people over the phone again.  My computer at home was also wiggin out last night.  I think our hub has gone a little wacky.  It kept giving me an error message that there was an unknown USB port being used.  Not sure which one because, again, I am soo not technical.  No worries about that either, I still have one of our old hubs that I can use for now.  Whew.  I had all kinds of crazy technical issues yesterday.  Not so many today.  Yay!!  : )..

These phones are soo much clearer than the last ones..  Wow!
(Yup, he's still shaggy.  For now.  Lol.)
: )..

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo on your new phone!

    And yup...he's still shaggy AND cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely woohoo! I totally agree. : ).. And yup, he is still a cutie pie. At least he got all of the grass off him before he got his picture taken. Lol. He was covered in it right before that pic.

      Delete