Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Introducing a puppy to an aggressive dog.. Lol..

Soo, I guess really, it's not much of a secret, lol, except on Facebook right now.  We are getting a new little Cairn puppy this Saturday.  Just by luck, I finally found one Cairn listed in the KC paper this weekend and called to find more information about him.  He's around 11 weeks old, cute, AKC registerable and was selling for $400.  I asked where they were located and was told they are in Excelsior Springs, MO, just a hop, skip and a jump from us.  Hey!  I told the person, "That's where we got Auntie Em, from Judy..." To which she replied, "This IS Judy!"  Whut?!  Lol.  What are the chances?  I'm guessing fairly good since it happened.  We are getting one of Emmy's younger sister's pups. 

Judy said that he is cute, cute, cute, cute, cute, and that he looks just like Emmy did when she was a baby.  Thinks he is going to be just like her when he grows up, which is fine with us!  : )..  She is knocking $50 off since we've already bought from her once.  And Emmy gets to go see her Momma Judy and Momma Chrissy again.  I think Emmy will adapt to the new pup fairly well.  Milo?  He's going to be a whole new ball of wax!

Soo, I spent a little time on here googling how to introduce a new puppy to an aggressive older dog and found some great ideas.  One is to have both of them in separate crates and let them sniff each other until both of them are calm and ok with each other.  It also says not to yell at your older, aggressive dog if they react to the new puppy.  I think the crate idea is going to work best.  I think we will take our big kennel with us in the back of the Subaru and put Milo in it and then take the smaller crate and put "Fergus" in it (I can't tell if I'm winning the Fergus battle yet.  Lol.) for the ride back home. 

Milo never spent much time in the kennel when he was a baby.  He only spent a couple nights in the smaller one before I let him out to sleep on the bed with us.  I don't know how well he is going to adapt to the new pup, especially when it comes to sharing a bed with us, but hopefully he will ease into it.  We will still shower Milo with attention so that he knows that he's not losing his people to the interloper.  The websites all said to give the aggressive dog the first attention when we come back in, the first treats, the first feeding, etc.  I'm hoping this will go well.  From the looks of the internet, it can be done.  : )..  Yay!  I can't wait for Saturday!  : )..  Woot!

By the way, here are some cute Emmy puppy pictures to tide us over in the meantime..
 Aww.  One of my faves.
 I still can't believe she waited that long for this picture.
 First night home, she was a little over 6 weeks old.
 One of my absolute favorite pictures of her ever..  : )..  Lol..
I usually don't take pictures that turn out that well.  Ha!
Second night in our home.
She was furrocious!
A little ratter hard at work!
Whatta cutie!  I can't wait until
Fergus is here!  : )..

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait either!!! Em was and is so dang cute! Gonna be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a hoot too. : ).. She's my little girly girl and loves to snuggle, as long as I don't move and by move, I mean move her! Lol.

      Delete
  2. When you're gone they are so gonna have fun running through the house.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't even wait until we leave as it is! I can only imagine the fun they will have when there are three of them! Lol! It's going to be chaotic. Most of my friends think we are crazy for getting another pup. They might be right, but this should be it for us. : )..

      Delete