Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

QA Wheel of Jeopardy.. Lol.

Soo, after getting our sixth round of evaluations finished for this fiscal month, we get to have three full days of fun in our QA department.  Usually, that means catching up on computer modules or our process and procedure changes.  This time?  It's totally different.  I missed our weekly calibration meeting when I went to pick Emmy and Milo up from the groomers on Tuesday.  I came back yesterday to find a flurry of activity, a spinning wheel, a Jeopardy game tacked to our wall, and a bunch of food prizes.  I guess we were productive during my time off. 

One person in our group suggested hosting a game where we could promote the QA department and have the floor reps answer questions about our quality assurance criteria for food prizes and the ultimate grand prize of a dress down day for the winning manager's team.  Normally our center is kind of lenient and lets us wear jeans and tshirt, but dress down days, our ops can wear sweatpants and hats and it doesn't happen often. Our manager and Center Director ran with it, and within one day, we have put together a whopping amount of questions and answers and are going to spend the next two days running the game.  Wow!  This is the first time QA has ever done anything like this since I have been at ADT.  I'm sure that the floor reps are going to love it. 

It's kind of a mish mash of Wheel of Fortune since we have that super addicting spinning wheel (the last time they used it, I'm telling you, I needed a "spintervention"!  Lol!), and Jeopardy question amounts to spin for.  Each operator can only spin and answer a question one time.  If they get the answer right, they get a prize and their team gets their points.  If they answer wrong, they get a sucker instead and their team loses points.  Some of those questions are tough, so we will see who is on their game.  Lol.  It's definitely going to be a great way to spend the next couple days!

Speaking of games.  Ha!  You should check this one out.  It will mess with your mind unless you already know how it works or are able to find out.  It's called, "Regifting Robin".  It amazed us until, as I said, we finally found out how it did it.  : )..  Still pretty cool, and once I saw that it was math related, I started getting a little fuzzy on the details. 
Anyway, click Here for the game.

If you are stumped and amazed and have been driven crazy trying to figure out how it works,
highlight the following information
starting right below this:
This is how it is done..
No matter what 2 numbers you choose, when you subtract the two
numbers, it will always end up being a multiple of the number 9.
Each time you play, the answers for the number 9 multiples
(9,18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63, 72 and 81) will always have the same answer
in the square.  Each time you play, the numbers will show a different
"regift" so it appears that it is literally figuring out which one you are thinking of.
Until right before my "Until".  Ha, hidden words, cool.  Right?
Regifting Robin is pretty slick if you ask me!  : )..  Hope you had some fun with it!
Alrighty!  Off to have some fun of my own!  Woot!
(three more days until Fergus!)

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot of fun at your job in between all of the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do, we do, we do! : ).. Well, sometimes it's hard to find things to occupy our time when we are on that downtime. Sometimes I volunteer to help with the training classes, I kind of miss it now that I am in QA. But this is definitely going to be fun! It's definitely going to be different!

      Delete
  2. Hey there Missy.... you gotta change your no-reply blogger setting. Every time I reply to one of your replies on my blog via email, you don't get it and that makes me sad!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, lol, if I could find which setting that is, I would definintely change it. I have clicked your Subscribe by email button when I post a comment, it goes to my alternate email address of MioBelloAmore35@yahoo.com. If I could find the setting, or if you might be able to tell me which one it is, I will gladly fix it. : ).. It's definitely not for a lack of trying! Lol.

      Delete