Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Whut?!

Going in late to work today so that I can help run the Wheel of Jeopardy (that is going over very well), and I was getting ready to let the puppies outside.  Imagine our surprise when I opened the back door to see snow.  Huge, ginormous flakes of snow!  Ack!  It must have just started a little while ago, it's not sticking to anything because it's still got enough rain mixed in to make it slushy, but it's snowing (!) outside!  Emmy and Milo raced outside to play in it and chased each other around the shed in the back yard.  That's one of their favorite games.  Lol.  Add snow?  Ohhh.  It's puppy heaven!

Speaking of puppy heaven.  Milo's still in it.  Blissfully oblivious to the fact that his poor little apple cart is about to take a serious tumble tomorrow.  He's been our little baby for over a year now.  For some reason, I thought yesterday was Wednesday.  It's always good when you are one day closer to the weekend, or in this case, one day closer to getting Fergus.  Even though I still can't tell if "Fergus" is winning the battle, I haven't heard anything else be mentioned with the exception of McDougal.  Lol.  Poor little Milo.  He has nooo idea what is in store for him.  I'm sure he is going to be jealous for a few days, but I'm going to try my best and curtail that.  Here's his take on the whole matter.

We are definitely taking Emmy with us to pick up our new addition.  We are also taking a small present for her "Momma Judy".  It's a triple picture frame that will have this picture taken at Emmy's first PetSmart graduation..
 Giving her Momma a little Emmy lovin..  : ).
And greeting her actual Momma Chrissy for the first time since we got her.
Chrissy is pure black, which is an interesting Cairn color, I've seen dark gray, but she's the only pure black one I've seen, and Emmy's Poppa is a Wheaten Cairn Terrier.  She ended up with a little bit of both, which has made several ladies ask, "Where did Emmy get her highlights from?"  Lol.

I'm not so sure about taking Milo aka the Scottish Hooligan.  The aggressive Scottish Hooligan.
I'm not sure we really want to make Judy worry that Fergus will be eaten by the aforementioned aggressive Scottish Hooligan or not.  Dutch says Milo will be "fine" with our new puppy.  I'm not so sure.  He says that about Milo all the time, even after an aggressive move.  Apparently, as they say, "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt".  Lol.  I know that Judy would love to see both our dogs, especially since she's never gotten to meet Milo.  I'm just not sure it's a good idea.  Although, I could put Milo in the small kennel and let him get used to the puppy before I put Fergus in there for the ride back.  Ohh, decisions, decisions, decisions.

Anyway, tomorrow is our big day.  : )..  I can't wait!  I'm going to google a few more things about introducing puppies to aggressive dogs, this time specifically to a terrier.  I'm hoping that I can find something that will work.  I might take a pocket full of bacon with me.  Lol.  Why do you smell like.. bacon?  Hmm..  Why DO I smell like bacon?  Ha!  Alrighty, wish us luck!  We might reallllly need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment