Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Meeting fun.. Yay! : )..

One more early, early, eaaarly day to go.  Whew.  I can make it!  Yay!  I get to do an "early in / early out" today.  Probably doing the second phase of the QA Rollout training this morning, yesterday's went really well.  Today's presentation is the fun one where they get to hear the actual calls we have saved.  Some are kind of funny and "shocking", such as the one where one of our operator's (I work at ADT, btw) called a jewelry store and had someone answer the phone.  When she asked for the password, the male said, "Yeah, well, I'm robbin the joint and it's ok because I'll be gone by the time the police get here."  Nice.  And yup, that was a real call.  Kind of lets our training class know not to be surprised and stymied if something like that should ever happen to them on a call.

However, yay, after having two of my QA co-workers go through the Aubrey Daniel's training that I was super dreading yesterday, I have found out a couple great, great, great things!  There is NO role play!  Yay!!!  Joy of joys!!  No role play!  They said it was sooo chock full of other information that there was literally, no time for role plays and that they really enjoyed the training presentation.  Without role plays?  I am alll for it.  It is supposed to be pushing us into a more customer experience, teaching, mentoring philosophy instead of a check list type program where we monitor whether our operators said everything that they had to say.  We've been trying to get this done for a while now, but yay, we are finally several steps closer to it.  Another thing?  Yay!  We have salad from the cafeteria, including their salad dressing, but!  The catered in lunch?  Was pizza from an outside source yesterday.  Yay!  Not that our cafeteria is bad, mind you, eh, they have some really good meals at times (like the Philly on Texas Toast, yum!), but it's kind of "Had that, been there" kind of a dealio.

So.  My day should go sooo much better, including the fact that I will get to leave shortly after the training is over instead of my usual 6:30pm.  Yay!  : )..  I actually got a fairly good amount of sleep last night, so that's a good thing!  Awesome.  Previous training programs and a severe lack of sleep for me have never been good.  Lol.  I'll leave it at that.  Alrighty!  Finally.  Let's get this day started!  Woot!

I am ready for the day!
Woot!
(Yesterday = "Oh, you have money coming back..
Ugh..  But I guess you knew that already."
Yup.  I knew that.  They don't come after you if
they owe you.  April 15th doesn't scare me.")

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your early out day! Those are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely am. : ).. I have more time to gather the trash for tomorrow, cut lettuce and onion for tacos and enchiladas tonight and play with the puppies before calling it a night. Yay! Lol. They are definitely ready and rarin to play. For sure!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are getting a refund. We don't so only praying it's not too big of an ouch.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch. I barely get one, but it's better than having to pay. It's not a big refund so therefore, I wasn't in too big of a hurry to claim it. Lol.

      Delete