Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Truck shows, Open Bars and Magicians.. Oh My!

Soo, last night, one of our friends employer had an open house to promote how well they build trucks and add items to them such as pumps, and something, something, something....  Sorry Wayne, I got a little fuzzy there.  Lol.  I know you weld very well, but I couldn't tell ya what all you told me about what all you did to your truck.  Please forgive me, you could tell me again and I would still be fuzzy.  It looked great though!  : )..  Ha!

The event was catered by a deli in town called Cuppertini's.  They had some delicious open buffet food set up with all kinds of deli meats and cheeses and crackers and fruit and an open bar to boot.
Soo, back to the magician.  He was pretty funny and pretty good.  : )..  He had a few tricks that I am sure I know how he did them, but that's ok, he was still great at doing them.  And he was amusing, so I got to kill a lot of time while people milled around large trucks, drinking and getting snockered.  I had one little chardonnay spritzer and then a couple straight Sprites.  Woot.  Our magician ended up encountering my dh and barely escaped unscathed.  Lol.  He made the mistake of asking him to write a name down on a card, either a person's first name or a pet's name while he walked away and stood with his back to us.  Here is what he came up with.  By the way, I'm done with callin my dh my dh.  His nickname is Dutch so, ha, those who worry that I put too much information on my fb or blog be warned, don't worry, it's not his actual first name so I'm going to drop the "dh" (which always made me roll my eyes anyway) and just use "Dutch" from now on.

Todd, the "Magician Dude" was pretty close.
I told him, Dutch's C looked more like an "L" and
probably threw him off.  : )..

All in all, it was an interesting way to spend the evening.
I'm revisiting the Ladoga Ridge Winery with a few friends this
afternoon, hopefully it will be a very nice day, heard it's supposed
to be around 70 degrees and I'm thinking that means "Picnic" with
my friend Jeanie and her bottomless picnic basket?  Woot.
I'm in for some more delicious ChocoCherry Kiss wine.  For sure!
Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great night but I have to ask...How did Dutch feel this morning? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! : ).. Trust me, he was movin pretty slow! He was sleeping when I left around noon for Ladoga Ridge and hadn't been up long when I got back around 3pm.

    ReplyDelete