Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Biscuits, Baskets and Everything on Ice.. : )..



This is one of my all-time favorite hockey commercials.  Lol.  Oooh, back
in the day, I was a huge hockey fan.  Back before I moved to hockey Siberia,
AKA, Kansas City.  Sure, we have a minor league team.  It's just not the
same.  Looking through the tv menu last night, I found a Blues game and
turned it on.  Poke check!  Icing!  Power Plays!  Penalty boxes!  Fights!
Oooh, I was once again, just as big of a hockey fan as I was before!  Loved
it!  Then?  Intermission.  One of the most hated, villianous, disrespectful
(lemme just leave it at that), things that I despised most about hockey
slithered onto the screen.

During intermission, CNBC had the Blues former coach, Mike Keenan as
a commentator.  I haven't seen him in years, but lemme tell ya!  I actually
growled and snarled at the screen!  Lol.  Oooh, how I despise that man.
He disrespected every single Blues fan, tortured his players, destroyed their
confidence and treated the team and the fans however he saw fit.  After all,
hockey was a "business".  Too bad for him, he found out, it's not life saving or
sustaining.  It's entertainment.  He went from packing 20,000+ fans into
the Blues games, to less than 5,000 a game.  Under 5,000 fans at a major
league game is unheard of. 

Thankfully, he found out the hard way, the owners of the Blues might have signed
his paycheck, but it was those pesky, boundary overstepping fans who paid his
salary.  Whoops.  Aww.  Too bad.  Pack it up and leave!  He lost his job.  Ha Ha!
Lemme poke check myself in the eye and..  Nope!  No tears for Mikey. 
I even snarled a name at him at one of the games (won't mention
which one, lol) back in the day while he was only a foot away from me and
looking right at me.  I boisterously booed him during his second home opener
in St. Louis.  He almost cried.  Aww.  I would love to hip check him and get
called for high stickin.  : )..  I still have a bone to pick with him.  Oooh,
those were the days.

I got to watch hockey last night!  It was sooo great!  I was right back in love
with the game within a couple minutes.  Poke check!  I could have spent the
rest of my time on this earth without the intermission drama though.  Lol.
I got to watch hockey!  Put the biscuit in the basket boys!  Woot!  : )..

2 comments:

  1. Hockey scares me! Looks painful....but then again...I am a HUGE UFC fan! Guess mixed martial arts is pretty painful too! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least hockey players have pads. Lol. Unless they get smushed into the boards (which happens) or they drop their gloves and fight, it's usually pretty tame. They might get a stick, body part, skate blade or frozen puck injury, but I'm definitely thinking UFC is a tougher sport. Lol. : ).. I love the fast pace of hockey. Always something going on!

    ReplyDelete