Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Copy Cat Challenge..

Soo, after seeing some of the super great Copy Cat Challenge participants on DebbieDoo's blog, I finally have a submission.  After seeing some people picking from Pottery Barn and coming up with some gorgeous, gorgeous knockoffs, I have chosen..  Longaberger..  My friend sells Longaberger Baskets, but somehow, lol, I'm not in their price range in any way shape or form.  If I have that much money to spend, lol, I'd rather spend it on a few dinners with shrimp and the fixins!  : ).. 
Soo, without further ado..  Here was my Longaberger inspiration..
Their simple black basket retails for $149.
Wow...  I love baskets, but that's a lotta shrimp dinners for me..
Shrimp Scampi, shrimp alfredo, shrimp chimichangas..
Alright, enough channeling Bubba from Forrest Gump..
Here is my knockoff..
 I grabbed my handy dandy black matte spray paint..
 Stumbled upon this little basket at one of our local thrift stores..
I think it said, "Psst!  Jan!  Over here!"
It was behind me, and I just soo happened to turn around at the right time..
 Removed the messed up, metal emblem..
 Spray painted the basket and handle flat black..
All for a whopping $1.48.
A savings of $147.52.  : )..
I love my Longaberger knockoff..
And the fact that I could have a whole lotta, lotta
shrimp items, if I had the money I saved with this one..

Joining in on DebbieDoo's Magazine Copy Cat Challenge today..
Great host, great site, great participants!


6 comments:

  1. Amazing how much money we can actually save if we put our mind to it. I don't think I would have thought to just spray paint it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherry, and I totally agree about the savings. Some of my crafts come out with quite the price tag, while others are a steal. : ). I did get my inspiration to just paint it from a previous blogger, but that was a cpl years ago so even though I can't give them posted credits, I'll still give them credit for the great paint idea.

      Delete
  2. I can't get over that price for BASKET! WOW!
    Great "COPY"! Much better price too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nelly, trust me, lol, I was doing the happy dance when I found the basket and then some when I looked at the price. : ).. I love Longaberger's baskets, but they are awfully proud of their products. Lol.

      Delete
  3. You done good girl! That is the cutest basket. I love the longaberger baskets as well, but can't justify the price too! Thanks for sharing with the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! : ).. I love shopping for baskets, but that one definitely caught my eye. All it neede was a little TLC and it's ready to go again. Thanks for letting me join in on the Copy Cat fun!

      Delete