Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Forgiving Pasta Salad.. : )..

Soo, after not having several key ingredients to several different meal choices, I finally decided to make a pasta salad.  It's been a while, I was making them quite a bit, back in the day.  : )..  I love pasta salad.  It's chocked full of veggies, cool on a hot summers day and very, very, very tasty.

If you've known me for a while, then you know I am sooo not the cook.  Dutch cooks a lot.  He's a great cook.  I'm, "past burning water".  Lol.  I'm not that bad.  But I really don't cook much, and the choices that I make are limited. 

Soo, I set out in the kitchen to gather what pasta salad supplies we had.  Rotini pasta.  Check.  Yellow squash.  Check.  Red onion.  Check.  Cucumber.  Check.  Green onions.  Check.  Regular onion.  Check.  And finally, the piece de'resistance, Artichokes.  Check!  Yay!  We are on a roll.  Those will work just fine.  Would have loved a few other things, maybe some olives or tomatoes, chunks of cheese, but by gosh!  I had a pretty good start.
Boiled my water, cooked my pasta, drained it and ran it under cool water.
Cut up all of my veggies.  Added some butter to a pan, sautee'd them for a little while to soften them up and give them a little extra yummy flavor.
Chopped and added my Artichokes.
Poured some Extra Virgin Olive Oil and some Balsamic Vinegar in, added some salt to taste and voila!
It all turned out really well.  I think pasta salad must be pretty forgiving, or pretty easy to make.  Lol.  Usually things that I make without a recipe at hand, don't turn out very well at all.  : )..  This one?  Was the exception to the rule.  Yummy!  Plus I have enough to take for lunch tomorrow.  Yay!

I'm linking back up to Debbie Doo's Newbie Party this week.  She's got a great site, she's a great host and she's got some great newbies stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment