Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Prometheus.. Hmm..

Soo, ask me why I've never actually watched an entire Aliens movie.  I did catch about the last hour of Aliens Vs Predator, and it was alright.  Nothin great.  Usually, I'm not a big fan of cheesy, hokey Star Trek movies.  I will say that I really did enjoy the most recent Trek adventure, but I think that's because it was poking fun of it's cheesy, hokey predecessor.  "Numb tongue.  Numb tongue?!"

Soo, Ridley Scott has come out with what is supposed to be the predecessor to the Aliens movie.  Dutch loves watching those, so we went to see Prometheus.  My review?  I feel as though we spent two hours watching an outer space movie version of the X-Files.  On a scale of one to ten, one being skip it and ten being, OMG do not miss this movie, I am sure that you can figure that one out. 

The ending?  Hmm.  If you've seen it, you know.  If you haven't.  Lemme just say, there will be another.  And probably another.  I smell sequel.  Lol.  One thing that it did?  It reminded me why I never actually watched an entire Aliens movie.  Sheesh.  : p..  It's because I am soooooo not a Sci Fi fan.

Gene Shallot said it best when critiquing The Fast and the Furious.  He said they didn't name it that because the cars were fast and furious.  He said they named it The Fast and the Furious because The Loud and Obnoxious was already taken.  Ha!  I'm betting this one would have been called, The Dark and the Boring.  The only lucky people in the theater were the people who died early in the movie.

Although, one good thing.  I got to see Charlize Theron get squashed.  Lol.  At least she wasn't her sniveling, crying, crazy, annoying usual character in this flick.  The Devils Advocate?  I cannot for the life of me, stand that movie.  At all.  : (..  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment