Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nautical Blues..

Soo, one of my co-worker / facebook friends just posted a picture from Galveston, TX.  Ahh.  I would love to be there.  We got to go about three years ago.  My mother-in-law lives on a 37 foot sailboat in Kemah, TX and invited us down.  We spent nine days down there, cruising around in the hotrod.  It was such a great time!  I miss it.  I am soo landlocked right now, muddling around in KC, MO.  Sigh.  Here are some pics from the Texas coast..

 Loaded and ready to go..
 The bridge to Seabrook, TX..
That camera angle?  Wasn't just the way the
camera was sitting.  That's how steep of a climb
it was on that bridge!  Uggghhhh!
 My mother-in-law (also Jan McCormack, lol), and her
37 foot Irwin liveaboard sailboat.  She lives and works
at the marina in Kemah, just off the Boardwalk.
 One of my favorite boats down there.  Lol.
 I kept taking pictures of dolphins while we rode a ferry to
Bolivar, TX.  Dutch was being a smart aleck, "Look!
Another dolphin!"  I thought he knew me better than that.  Ha!  : )..
 After seeing the price tags inside the store?  I probably
didn't want to know how much those were!
Another one in front of the same store..
 Any "Captain Ron" fans?  That's the actual boat they used
at the end of the movie.  It's been docked at my MIL's marina
for a while and is in need of some TLC.
Some Galveston seagulls, picture courtesy of the internet.
I love seagulls.  Saw a bunch of them, but all of my phone pics are
on the one phone that I still haven't found the old sim card.  Lol.
One of these days I will find it!  It has other pics on it that
I want.

Speaking of what I want, I'd love to get to go on another
vacation like this one.  Oooh, how I would love that.
Maybe.  Just maybe it'll happen.
Or someday, I'll live there,
or here..
Charleston, SC..
Oooh, how I would love to be in a coastal area..
Sigh..
One day.  One day it'll happen!  : )..


No comments:

Post a Comment