Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am sooo tired and sleepy..

I am about to crash out for the night, but it was such a productive day, that it's a great thing to be tired and sleepy.  We kicked our donation requests into high gear today, and although there are a few places who are going to either put something together for us, or think about it, we got so many places to donate.  We have so many restaurants that have kicked in gift certificates, one gym, one salon and boutique that donated a really super nice purse, one bowling alley, one barbershop that actually gave us some actual items instead of coupons, etc, one hairstyle place that donated one male and one female cut and one tattoo shop that donated a flashing light skull for Halloween. 
 
It's been such a great day, that I am glad I am sooo tired and sleepy.  It all goes towards the proper burial and last wishes of one of our friends.  He was recently diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer that has aggressively spread to his lungs and liver, and which at this point, has no longer been affected by the aggressive chemo medication that they tried.  At this point and time, they are managing his pain and waiting for him to pass.  He is still hanging in there though.  He doesn't want to give up yet.  We want to get the finances in order so that Tyrone and our friend, his fiancee, Kayla can spend time together, just focusing on each other.
 
I plan to add sooo many craft items to the silent auction, and have several businesses who are going to gather items for us, so I truly believe that we will have a great result.  We will also be hosting a lot of other events as well, so everything should turn out well in the end.  I am sure there will be plenty more long, tiring and weary days ahead, but they will be worth it too.  Whew.  Time to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment