Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Funday Too..

Had fun with some friends yesterday.
: )..  So much fun, that we had to write an
excuse for one of us who was late to work.
 
"Cyndi was participating in extra curricular employee
health activity - we were increasing her endorphines
and decreasing her blood pressure through
expressive therapy and chocolate.
Please forgive,
Love the mob
(see photos enclosed on fb)"
Signed by the wine mob members..
Lol..  Good times, good times, good times..  : )..
Buon Cibo * Buon Vino * Buon Amici
We have never had a bad wine mob meeting..  Ha!
It's impossible!
 
Started today's fun by enjoying a delicious
brunch at Ophelia's Restaurant and Inn
down on the Independence square.
 
Then I brought out my mom's vintage measuring
spoons and whipped up some super
yummy, delicious semi-retro
homemade chex mix.
I loooove that stuff!
Brings back holiday memories of
my parents, Christmas presents
and decorations, as well as my favorite
Aunt Lou's laugh as she and my mom sat around
the kitchen table.
Good times indeed.
Missed times indeed.
 

 Melted 6 tablespoons of butter in my mom's
vintage roasting pan.  Lol.
 
I added 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce,
1 teaspoon of onion powder,
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
and 1 1/4 teaspoons of seasoned salt and added
them to the melted butter.
 
Mixed my snacks together,
added 4 1/2 cups of Corn Chex Cereal,
4 1/2 cups of Rice Chex Cereal,
1 cup pretzels, 1 cup peanuts and
although they weren't exactly "retro"
I added a few Goldfish snacks too.
 
Poured them into the seasonings.
and baked the mix for 1 hour at 250 degrees,
stirring every 15 minutes.
Finally, I spread it out on paper towels to let it cool.
 
 
And finally, speaking of retro..
Here is a definite retro picture..
It's one of my favorites, I
found it when we were cleaning out
my Aunt Lou's house a few years ago.
It's a picture of my Aunt Lou, Uncle Richard,
my Grandmother "Mer", my Mom
and my older brother Jeff.. and..
finally.. not an actual picture of me..
wait!  Lol..  This is an actual picture of me!
 
 
Now?  It's time for the Chiefs and Bronco's
football game.  I feel like William Shatner
when I'm watching them this season..
"Don't throw the ball to.. (interception) them!"
"Don't lose the.. (fumble) ball!"
"Don't run through.. (pile of bodies) the middle!"
It hasn't been a very good season..
At least it's almost over..
Finally.
Whew.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment