Welcome

Just a few rambling thoughts and crafts from a mind that is full of both. I am talented in my mind but regularly run full throttle into the wall of procrastination. I have raised procrastination to an art form. A friend once told me I have a BS in BS and a minor in excuse making. If there is anyway to get out of doing my best, I will do my best to get out of it. Welcome to my saburban life. : ).. Lol.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

My project.. Still a work in progress..

Soo.  I really love these Pottery Barn inspired rocks

that I found here..

I looked for some river rocks but kept finding small ones for a huge price..  Hmm.

Then, one day on Pinterest, I saw this great looking necklace..
 It was made with salt dough..
Looked easy enough, and I
had all of the ingredients on hand..
Soo, I made these
using the steps found here..
 I choose red, black and white because I love those colors together
and they were the best ones out of all the colors I tried..
 Soo, I made a little jar of hearts..
I thought, eh, it was alright, but..
It could be better..
Lightbuulb!
(I luv, luv, luv "Despicable Me")
 I had plenty salt dough left over
from my other project..
I kept it stored in an air tight container
until today when I made my own "river rocks"
And painted them..
Now I just need to make some chalkboard paint..
I think these will do for now..
Best yet?  I didn't have to buy anything for
this project.  I had every thing on hand.  Yay!
Now that's a project that I can work with!
: )..

I'm linking up with Debbie Doo's Newbie Party
again.  : )..  I love her website and she is such
a great host for us newbies!
Click here for her link.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill! : ).. I've been wanting to make those little rocks for a while, but now I can at a fraction of the cost that the craft stores charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea. I love that "I can't find river rocks, I'll just make some" thought process!
    A few blogger friends and I have collectively introduced a fun challenge for January. It would be so awesome if you want to participate! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rocks too, check out my link - my first post was about rocks (even the ones in my head!)
    ~ Bliss ~
    www.BlissRanch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I may have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karah, sometimes it takes me a while, lol, I had the left over salt dough for a week. It took a minute, but by gosh! I finally figured out a good use for it. : ).. I will definitely check out your challenge to see what I might be able to offer. Thanks for visiting and inviting me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bliss, I like your rock post as well. I am also one of your new followers. Welcome to the blog world, I love all things coastal and I have a feeling you might just have some of the nautical items that I love. : ).. Thanks for following me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Crystal! It's super easy and works really well. I am looking forward to making more salt dough rocks to give as gifts. I have a lot of friends and co-workers who would love things like that. : )..

    ReplyDelete